F-14A Tomcat 1/48 Monogram

To mój pierwszy ukończony model w tym roku. Prace nad nim trwały około 8 miesięcy. Model został wykonany ze złomu modelarskiego i trafił do mnie jako niekompletny i uszkodzony (pęknięta górna część kadłuba). Po uzupełnieniu brakujących elementów, naprawieniu uszkodzeń, zbudowałem go w konfiguracji zaproponowanej przez firmę Monogram, czyli wczesny Tomcat z VF-142 z USS America. Model pomalowany farbami Bilmodel, Mr.Hobby i Alclad.

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4426.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4423.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

IMG_4409.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4407.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

Edited by Starfighter1974
1 hour ago, aircommando130 said:

That's a good lookin Monogram Tomcat! I have one to build as well.

VF-1 in the gray/white scheme...USS Enterprise

Cheers...Ron

I have three more such models, but these are sets produced by Revell. The one in the pictures in the gallery is the original Monogram.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 4:26 AM, Starfighter1974 said:

To mój pierwszy ukończony model w tym roku. Prace nad nim trwały około 8 miesięcy. Model został wykonany ze złomu modelarskiego i trafił do mnie jako niekompletny i uszkodzony (pęknięta górna część kadłuba). Po uzupełnieniu brakujących elementów, naprawieniu uszkodzeń, zbudowałem go w konfiguracji zaproponowanej przez firmę Monogram, czyli wczesny Tomcat z VF-142 z USS America. Model pomalowany farbami Bilmodel, Mr.Hobby i Alclad.

Interpretation please!

17 hours ago, pminer said:

Interpretation please!

for my first completed model this year. Work on it lasted about 8 months. The model was made from modeling scrap and came to me incomplete and damaged (the upper part of the hull was cracked). After completing the missing elements and repairing the damage, I built it in the configuration proposed by Monogram, i.e. an early Tomcat with VF-142 from the USS America. The model is painted with Bilmodel, Mr.Hobby and Alclad paints.
On 11/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, Sodasorb said:

for my first completed model this year. Work on it lasted about 8 months. The model was made from modeling scrap and came to me incomplete and damaged (the upper part of the hull was cracked). After completing the missing elements and repairing the damage, I built it in the configuration proposed by Monogram, i.e. an early Tomcat with VF-142 from the USS America. The model is painted with Bilmodel, Mr.Hobby and Alclad paints.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Bardzo fajnie ci wyszlo 🙂  Kongratuluje ci!

Not a great kit by any stretch of the imagination but still, with a skilled, hand builds into a very handsome model.  Definitely looks the part, subtle weathering, always a great subject and classic squadron... how can you go wrong 😉

Lovely piece!

-Greg