Stupid spammers. I need more moderators

Sorry to hear of the work load.  I’m a moderator on another forum (Don’t want to say in case the spammers are reading this 😆) and I guess we’re pretty lucky.  2 or 3 hits a month 

We need more moderators, or the site owner needs to take a more active roll.  Is there not a captcha requirement to register a new account?  Seems like a simple method to at least weed out some of the junk applicants.

Damned if I know. I know nothing about computers. Just been erasing every new person as a spammer this morning. Must be near 50. Well over a thousand new spams.

Oh gosh, just opened the email my ARC membership uses, 294 unread, spammers are a blight on humanity.

Gonna take a while to empty the garbage and my defective body already has my hands swollen stiff and hurting.

Edited by southwestforests
On 5/27/2023 at 1:37 AM, Alternative 4 said:

I'm happy to be a mod and delete spam if required. Being in New Zealand the time zone difference may be of benefit.

It would be. I wish I had the ability to ADD more mods. In fact I dont even know how I became a mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

Is it 2 clicks to delete all the spam now or has it gone up to 3?

When you know nothing about computers and there are several hundred, Its a lot. When I moaned about the big rush of spam it took several hours to clean.

Edited by phantom