ECS vents for Hasegawa F-18E super hornet 1/48 scale

Is it pretty tough to put these in said model kit? The decals I have show these vents but I know the model comes with the early vents molded in. Any videos on this or hints or tricks anyone can share? Whatnexactly are ECS vents and their function out of curiousity?

Thanks

Jeffqbt48462__75236.1612228084.jpg?c=1&imbyp

When I used them I cut the model using silhouette-cut vinyl masks to get it right but it was still pretty painful. If I were to do it again I would just sand the bottom of the parts as much as I dare and glue them on the plastic part directly.

Arnaud

9 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

When I used them I cut the model using silhouette-cut vinyl masks to get it right but it was still pretty painful. If I were to do it again I would just sand the bottom of the parts as much as I dare and glue them on the plastic part directly.

Arnaud

Could you overlay the resin part where it needs to go and scribe it and then carefully cut, sand and file until it fits?

Here's a model I made as a retirement gift for my boss. I just sanded the base plates until they were as thin as possible and glued them on. When the initial ECS vent design proved inadequate (allowed heat damage to the external skin), the Bard stacks were developed. They were introduced on production aircraft with F/A-18E 166606 & F/A-18F 166634. Earlier aircraft were all refitted by May 2012.

151214_ed_hovanesian_s_fa-18e__left-top.jpg