F-18E capable of using AN/AAQ 28 Litening pod?

Was curious if the F-18E Super Hornet capable of using the AN/AAQ 28 Litening pod? I know the Marine Corp uses them, at least on the Legacy Hornets, not sure of the Super Hornets though. Will be built as a Navy aircraft from VA 25 Fists of the Fleet. I would think pod would be an upgrade from the one they currently use but not sure

Thanks

Jeff

Is that article referring to the AN/AAQ-28, or a newer lightening? They keep saying Lightening ATP. 

For the AN/AAQ-28, to my knowledge you see them on USMC birds and not USN birds because the pod is not rated for carrier traps. I’m not in the business, so I’m open to be corrected. 

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

Is that article referring to the AN/AAQ-28, or a newer lightening? They keep saying Lightening ATP. 

For the AN/AAQ-28, to my knowledge you see them on USMC birds and not USN birds because the pod is not rated for carrier traps. I’m not in the business, so I’m open to be corrected. 

They are in the testing process. They might even be active. Article said testing was done in 2022. Modelers perogative, Im going to use one on the center line, 2 AMRAAM 120 on cheek stations, fuel tanks on inboard pylons, JSOW 154 C1 on middle pylons and maybe a couple GBU 38 on outboard pylons. Not sure if it is a loafout they wouldve carried but it will look good