Posted (edited)

Just received my Hobby 2000 1:48 A-4B kit today from Exito Model Store in Eastern Europe…only took 14 days PL to US.

Both B and C noses are included (I’m not sure if this was the case with the original Hasegawa boxings).

Decals are by Cartograf. My only quibble, and it’s a minor one, is that the pilot’s name is misspelled on the VA-15 CAG jet (Burrows became Bowers).

Oh, and die cut masks for the wheels and canopy are included.

Edit: References indicate they butchered the pilot’s name on the other jet too!

LgLmdr1.jpeg

KtbtwdS.jpeg

nGiicWY.jpeg

lIlmfnc.jpeg

Edited by RichB63
On 5/21/2024 at 12:05 AM, RichB63 said:

Just received my Hobby 2000 1:48 A-4B kit today from Exito Model Store in Eastern Europe…only took 14 days PL to US.

Both B and C noses are included (I’m not sure if this was the case with the original Hasegawa boxings).

No, the Hasegawa A-4B kit (have one here in front of me, converting it to an A-4A with the Cat4 set) only has the B-nose sprue. Likewise, the Hasegawa A-4C only has C-nose. So it's cool having a bonus nose in the Hobby2000 kit.

19 hours ago, f86esabre said:

I bought one from ARMA. I wonder why they can sell it for so cheap using the Hasegawa molds. They are so expensive on EBAY. 

Steve

I don't know if you're joking. Hasegawa A-4Bs on eBay are expensive because they were always a limited edition and somewhat rare. There hasn't been a A-4B release in over a decade. Sellers can price them at whatever they want and people will pay if they are desperate enough. 

Hobby 2000 is buying sprues direct from Hasegawa that are newly made for their boxing. Hobby 2000 gets the sprues from Hasegawa and decals from Cartograf, provide their own packaging, mask and instructions. Sell them at a price to make a profit, but not so expensive people avoid them.

56 minutes ago, sierrascale said:

No, the Hasegawa A-4B kit (have one here in front of me, converting it to an A-4A with the Cat4 set) only has the B-nose sprue. Likewise, the Hasegawa A-4C only has C-nose. So it's cool having a bonus nose in the Hobby2000 kit.

The initial one only included the B nose. The VA-15 Valions A-4B release (09784) and the Falklands release have both and decals options for one B and one C. Seeing how they are both on the same sprue with the fuselage it's somewhat disappointing Hasegawa doesn't include the B nose in all their C kits even if they don't have markings.

The nose frame is part of the main tool (or an insert module for it). It's a simple matter of shutting or opening a gate in the tool to inject whichever nose frame is required.

Hasegawa has their own box "rules", the B nose is not suppoed to be in the standard C boxing that had been re-issued a couple of times in recent years. They'd have to print new instructions for instance with the B frame crossed out... A solution would be one of their own limited edition boxes with new decals which then offers the opportunity to include both noses like the Hobby2000 kits.

Just a pity that here in Japan where I could get Hasegawa kits ver very moderate prices, I have to re-import a (for me) very expensive kit from Europe to get the B.

But just for the decals it may be worth the effort.

J

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JeffreyK said:

The nose frame is part of the main tool (or an insert module for it). It's a simple matter of shutting or opening a gate in the tool to inject whichever nose frame is required.

Hasegawa has their own box "rules", the B nose is not suppoed to be in the standard C boxing that had been re-issued a couple of times in recent years. They'd have to print new instructions for instance with the B frame crossed out... A solution would be one of their own limited edition boxes with new decals which then offers the opportunity to include both noses like the Hobby2000 kits.

Just a pity that here in Japan where I could get Hasegawa kits ver very moderate prices, I have to re-import a (for me) very expensive kit from Europe to get the B.

But just for the decals it may be worth the effort.

J

Take care with the decals - they are printed very well, but to me the blue for the tanks and the insignia red seem to be to bright?

I also have the Hasegawa kit with the VA-15 markings (kit with A-4B and -C noses) and the colours look more right compared to bottled paints and original pictures. And yes, I know about the „colour-accuracy“ of old pictures and screens etc….😎

Best regards,

Jens

Edited by onescale