Dang it Emil,

You've simply got to stop being such an upstanding hobbiest!! Your name is plastered all over this 'Good Trader Alert' Forum. :lol:

Got the Checker Checker decals today. For those keeping track, Emil has sent me (for nuth'n) a set of 1/32nd and 1/48 scale decals to do the 'Late Checker Checker Jet' of 441 (188724 - in all Checkerboard scheme). I say 'Late' because it's no longer a 441 Jet, and it probably lost its Checkers by now... :)

If I ever get back to my hobby bench, I'll be getting back to work on my Academy Hornet (which will sport the Checker Scheme). And then someday (hopefully sooner than later), I'll get to build myself a 1/48 version of the Checker Jet.

Everyone raise your glass to Emil.... :cheers:

Tilt

I'll go along with what Tilt said whole heartedly. If you got your copy of Checker 2.0 today, mine should be waiting for me in the mailbox when I get home.

Emil gets my vote for "ARCer of the Month" - if there was such a thing. :)

Phantom - how did you enjoy masking all those checkers? :cheers:

Cheers,

Just so you know, the "first" 1/48 checker bird is about to get the decal job once the future dries.

They are nice are they not, Tilt? :)

They're awesome!!!

I wish I could drop everything and start decaling now.

I look forward to hearing how they go Shawn.

Cheers,

Tilt

I'll add my $0.02 as well for Emil being a top-notch guy. I received Checker 2.0 the other day, and they will be used in the next few days. Can't wait.

Damn you Shawn, I was hoping to be first!

All I will say is mine are not going on a Hornet. Emil has given me permission to use them for a special 'What-If?' scheme.

Won't say what it is though....you'll have to wait and see.

Those checks were not the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. HAd a lot of fixxin up to do but they look pretty good so far.

It wont win any competition for being 100% accurate, but as Dans monkey says..."BITE ME!"

Kept having that Tom Petty song with the Alice from wonderland video going through my head while tapeing, and tapeing and tapeing, and TAPEING!!

Anyway as long as I find my missing data, and I dont get overtime, the model will be done by Friday. :)

I got my Checker 2.0 today and they look great. Thank you very much Emil, I am looking forward to my next Hornet now...

Also, I sat down and did the math tonight during a lull at work... 6.33mm is roughly equal to 1 scale foot in 1/48, which should make those checkers approx 1/4" squares.

I went with 30 squares from the canopy to engine exhaust. For my math

When everyhting is said and done I ended up with 32 squares. Oh well, close enough for government work.

The main decals are now on AND ITS LOOKS FREAKIN GREAT!!!!!!! :D

Just as I suspected, Checker 2.0 was in the mailbox when I got home last night.

Once again, thanks for the effort Emil. I appreciated the instruction sheet and contact info as well, it was a nice touch. One thing I noticed is that you, Colin and I are the only ones without nicknames...

Cheers,

Thanks for the kind words guys,

Guys the instructions are a work in progress, Shawn has been working at this thing for about 2 weeks and I'm sure he has some suggestions. The colour of the squares are wrong and I really think that all those checkers were not identical in size. SO there is going to be some Artistic freedom. Let me know if you come accross any information. I intentionally left the pilots name off as I did not have the FONT and I'm sure there were many more who flew it.

My Nickname or Handle is 'Coach' at work as I am an Instructor. Just forgot to put it down. I figured I'd use our ARC handles (mine is sooooo imaginative :D ) so that we could share info.

:huh:

Emil

Emil, the checker bird is DONE!!!

And by the way, the name under the canopy is Emil Varosi.

Your new call sign is......

....uhmmmmm.

ELMO!!!!

Yep your now known as ELMO. We dont get to pick our call-signs.

(My real one is ROTT.) :thumbsup:

Yep....there will be some pictures.

I'm looking forward to this one. I'll post them in the Critiques section. Phantom will post the how he did stuff and paint mixtures to help the rest of you.

I hope you guys will enjoy the builds as I had creating the sheets.

:thumbsup:

Emil

Paint mixtures?? Oh ya 1.375 36237 to 5/32 36118.

Really for paint I start base in the middle and add darker or lighter as the mood hits me.

I must be the most unscientfic modeller out there.

No worries I'll get ya all a real write up.

Elmo, I plan to have the plane at Eds tomorrow (Saturday). That way you can take the photos any time. I got called into work today. (Im on my supper break). :thumbsup:

No way, knuckles it is for you, besides, when you get in that padded cell a name like Knuckles might keep Buba off you for a few minutes.

Looking out for ya buddy, keep your stick on the ice. :thumbsup: