I want to start by saying thanks to Matt for letting me join the build so late in the game. I am totally new at the whole group build thing and I am looking forward to meeting all of you through the forum. I am also excited about seeing the progress of everyone’s projects.

Not only am I new to the build group but I am just recently getting back into modeling. It something that I enjoyed as a kid. However in my younger days I did not seem to have the patience required to take on such detailed tasks. I am totally self taught and hope to gain much more from all of you.

Here are a few pics of the Super that I am throwing together.

As you can see by the first one the Italeri kit requires MUCH putty!!

My apologies!!! The third picture is indeed athe Monagram 1/48 scale legacy bird. I got the pics mixed up while I was posting. The Legacy bird was the first, and last plane that I have built in the past 15 years. It was also a display kit that I buit for the Hornet school house that I teach at here at NAS Oceana.

The kit that I am currently building is the Italeri 1/48 SuperBug. Thanks for all the comments!!

Thanks a million for the link. There is a lot of good info there.

There has been a lot of talk about the LEX Flaps. Do you delete them or leave them?? Well I did a little research and this is the straight scoop straight from IETMS (E/F Maintenance Publications). The following Buno Numbers have the LEX Flaps installed

F/A-18E - F/-18F

165533 - 165541

165534 - 165542

165535 - 165543

165536 - 165544

All of the A/C listed above are LOT 21 Block 52 (12).

There are some A/C in LOT 22 Block 53 (20) that still have the LEX Flaps installed however they are inoperative. I will do a little more research and let you guys know which Bunos those are.

All A/C LOT 23 Block 54 (30) Have the LEX Flaps deleted.

Hope this helps with the fine details....

Darrin :D