I hope I didn't screw up too bad...

OK guys, I have a small problem here. Working on my "C" model Eagle, I filled in and sanded some gaps. I wanted to make sure the gaps were smooth and couldn't be seen, so I shot it with a coat of Tamiya Ghost Gray spray paint. The gaps turned out great, but the problem was, after the fact, I looked at the spray can and discovered it was Dark Ghost Gray, not LGG like the instructions say :woo: . So, that brings me to my question: If I just spray over the mistake area with a coat of Light Ghost, will the Dark Ghost still show through? The coat of the DGG is pretty thin.

Stupid mistake, I know. :) :thumbsup:

By the way, if you're wondering why I'm spraying and not airbrushing, I have worked so hard on this thing that I don't want to mess it up. I'm comfortable with the spray cans, but since I just got my airbrush and haven't used it yet, I want to familarize myself before I try it on something I've worked so hard on.

Hmmm You will need several coats of LGG to make it work... but that usually covers up most of the detail (scribed panel lines, rivets)... I would suggest to, yes, effectively remove the DGG. Use some tissue paper soaked in Acetone... some rubbing is needed, but at least you'll get to remove the paint in the area. If the Area is pretty thin, like you said, you should have no problem then :thumbsup:

HTH, James!!

Take Care and Good Luck

if you have filled the gaps with CA, putty or another means of filler (such as Mr.Surfacer or something like that) you will probably ruin the area if you rub it with acetone. Because acetone will remove the paint and also eat the layer of filler under that. So be careful!

I would try spraying a mist coat of Light Ghost Gray on a rather wide area of the model, and see how it turns out.

IMHO a few thin coats of LGG should cover.