HOW to......flanker trump

richy ive been folowing your hornet build, its amazing. I am currently building the Su-27, it is my favorite aircraft and im trying to go all out. I was wondering if you were gonna make posts once you get started on yours, i really want as many references as i can get. Right now im trying to build everything around the cockpit since im waiting for the Neomega release, and i also want to build FOD covers for the intakes.

richy ive been folowing your hornet build, its amazing. I am currently building the Su-27, it is my favorite aircraft and im trying to go all out. I was wondering if you were gonna make posts once you get started on yours, i really want as many references as i can get. Right now im trying to build everything around the cockpit since im waiting for the Neomega release, and i also want to build FOD covers for the intakes.

If you can wait awhile.....

I am going to do a full review of the Trumpter Su-27 - complete with Linden Hill decals - for Linden Hill's website.

It will include lots of close-up reference photos of the intakes, wheelbays, cockpit, etc - including those mesh FOD guards.

I haven't started yet - after the dust has settled from the IPMS UK Nats and over the Christmas hols.......

Which begs the question - why model the FOD guards ??

They are only raised when the engine is running - on a Flanker 'at rest' they lay along the bottom of the intakes.

Although my pics show the mesh raised - so there must be a mechanical override !!

Ken

richy ive been folowing your  hornet build, its amazing.  I am currently building the Su-27, it is my favorite aircraft and im trying to go all out.  I was wondering if you were gonna make posts once you get started on yours, i really want as many references as i can get.  Right now im trying to build everything around the cockpit since im waiting for the Neomega release, and i also want to build FOD covers for the intakes.

I am going to do a full review of the Trumpter Su-27 - complete with Linden Hill decals - for Linden Hill's website.

It will include lots of close-up reference photos of the intakes, wheelbays, cockpit, etc - including those mesh FOD guards.

I haven't started yet - after the dust has settled from the IPMS UK Nats and over the Christmas hols.......

Which begs the question - why model the FOD guards ??

They are only raised when the engine is running - on a Flanker 'at rest' they lay along the bottom of the intakes.

Although my pics show the mesh raised - so there must be a mechanical override !!

Ken

Can't wait to read your full review, Ken....

And... any suggestion for the canopy ?

:P

Flankerman, how long is a while? I really want to get the Linden Hill Decal sheets, but im turned off to do it since i want to do it by phone and they dont have a LIVE voice operator. I guess i have no problem of doin it by fax but ive just been really lazy and havent gotten around to it(really busy wtih school). You're probably right the FOD covers are overkill, but i think it look cool since i dont have them on any other of my models.

Do you have any more info on the Neomega cockpit set? release date maybe?

thanks

hello,

flankers and migs are also my favorite planes...

But, i don't have enough walkarounds to start mine.

I am addicted to the quality of dacco books and i can't find the same quality for flankers.

The reason is that i would like to open panels an for that i need a lot of picts with different angles.

My big project for the flanker is to rebuild all the exhaust area with aluminium foil.

I will wait for flankerman big review before starting mine.

I have 3 kits waiting so i have plenty of time to colect informations and aftermarket kits ;)

To change from big jets, i will probably build the mil 24 before the flanker.

Please post picts of your flanker in progress, i am always very greedy with this subject ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Ken

Can't wait to read your full review,Mr. Ken. Can You tell us how much long we must wait for it??

Thanks in advance.