My name is Chris Teet, I'm from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and below is the first of two submissions for this build. The kit is the 1/48th Revell/Monogram F/A-18 Blue Angels #5820. The kit is built completely out of the box, using a combination of Testors and Model Masters acrylics and enamels, and the kit decals (yes I know they're not exactly accurate and don't look exactly perfect, but I was too lazy to splurge on after-market sheets). I got this kit soon after seeing the Blue Angels in person for the first time at an airshow here in June 2002, and have been working on it on and off for the last few years. The end of this GB finally lit a fire under me to finish this and the other bug I was working on to meet the deadline (some of you may remember that I was the one who asked wether Blue Angel bugs would be allowed in the build). I originally used regular Testors gloss blue, but found it to be too dark so I substituted Model Masters French blue. Also, the Model Masters Blue Angels yellow seemed too bright, so I changed to Testors gloss yellow. I couldn't find any references, so I took some liberties matching the serial number with the tail number. I put SN #161521 on the No. 3 bird, though I heard in a documentary that they swap plane numbers between aircraft all the time to make up for maintenance problems, so it's not entirely unfeasable that this matchup couldn't have happened. I had to make a few modifications to the kit as the plane in the kit is actually an F/A-18C, not an F/A-18A as flown by the Blue Angels. The changes I had to make were to file off the two bumps behind the canopy, and cut off the extra pair of blisters on the tailfins, and leave off two pairs of blisters on the sides of the nose. As for the two square dorsal vents, the yellow stripe running down the back of the plane covered them up nicely.