These guys are all one in the same. I sent over $100 worth of resin and a good 1/48 model to this guy and have since found out he has a long track record of taking, and not fronting with what he promised in return. In his e-mail he said "I am new to this, so please be patient". What a gyp. DO NOT do business with this guy, no matter how sincere he (or any of his aliases) are. If anyone else has problems with him, I have his address and last known phone number.

Regards,

Craig Sargent

HEY HEY HEY Craig,

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off!!!! Thanks for the heads up, people like this need to be PUBLICALLY castrated. 99.99999 % of all the deals done here on ARC and HS are great, but all it takes is one fool to ruin it all for everybody. I say lets all help find these BAD TRADERS and run them off!!!

My 2 cents worth!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Cant the government trace down these guys? I know its a lot of work because these people are in different countries, but they must be stopped. I think they can be prosecuted for fraud. i mean this is fraud, right? hes taking products from people and not giving anything in return!

Guest Guest_Ryan

Hi there:

I may as well become a member or ARC :( ! It's really tough to legally do anything to these people without formal documentation (unfortunately, in cases like this, email and elctronic files are not considered admissible in most courts, especially here in NA, as there is no proof that the accused indivdual actually wrote/sent the material or entered into a formal, binding, and legal contract...even if you can prove that the messages came from his/her computer). Without actual signatures on formal contracts, it all boils down to heresay and "he said she said" kind of stuff. Oh it's not impossible to get a bad trader to court if you want to spend a huge fortune in legal costs (we are talking MASSIVE amounts of money...far far more then you have lost in your initial trade). But the odds of winning are very slim. If you are dealing with an international individual, then it's even more of a nightmare! It's hard enough to get someone extradited for a capitol offense like murder, so I'd bet darn near impossible for something like a bad model trader. Remember, these are private individuals here, not businesses bound by laws and the ever loving people we call accountants. Businesses must have records for all of their business transactions incase of audits (at least here in NA and I assume elsewhere as well). Private individuals don't need to keep any such records. Now if this was a distributor or formal business, that's a different story. Most countires abide by international trade laws and don't look kindly on businesses that are doing illegal transactions. But we are talking private individuals here. Unless they are caught red-handed with your materials, and you can prove that they are your materials, then it's tough. It's probably best to cut your losses, spread the word like has been done so far, and get these people out of the loop (until they assume another name and nail someone else).

I think the best bet is to do your research on the person you are trading with. Ask around before you send a thing. Basically see if anyone out there can provide a reference. But that is still no gaurantee. The fact remains that once you send your kit(s) out in the mail, you run the risk of not seeing them or your return trades ever :lol: .

The other thing we have to watch out for is witch hunts and false claims for bad traders :) . Don't get me wrong, I am all for a bad trader list. But we must insure that an individual has NOT been falsely accused :D ). We are not privy to the initial trade agreements between individuals, and we can easily accuse someone when they did nothing wrong.

I hope that everything works out for these people who have been wronged. I also hope that people here continue to trade among each other as 99% of the trading here and elsewhere is done buy people with honor :) . Don't let these rotten individuals get us down!

My two cents,

Ryan