Fantastic work Chris - I bet there are now dozens (if not hundreds) of Su-27's just waiting to be finished - and now that you have provided correction etc for all three major errors, they can now be finished.

If there was a prize for 'Model Parts Provider of the Year' you would certianly get my vote.

You jocular reply to Wasserfall - "I made em! They're mine!" got me thinking...............

At what point does the Trumpeter Su-27 cease to become 'my' model ????

The very first rule in the IPMS UK rulebook states.... (for putting a model in the competition)...

1. All models must be the handiwork of the entrant(s) only.

I guess it never is - as the kit manufacturer provides the basic shapes in the first place.

Then there are all the 'correction' parts - then the 'superdetail' parts, then the paints & decals....

Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticising anyone - just musing on how far away we have come from actually doing our own 'handiwork'... :cheers:

Although the 'handiwork' part is probably putting all the bits together - and presenting it as a finished whole?

I suppose to get back to basics I would have to chop down a tree and start carving from scratch.... but then who grew the tree ??? :rolleyes:

Take it easy...

I'll get my coat......

Ken

100,000 !!!

:D :nanner::beer4: :) :woo:

Canopy shipment arrived today. All orders should be shipped tomorrow or the next day, including Flankerchile's.

Sorry, I've spent all my free time in the garage rather than on my computer these past days and I'm behind on the e-mail responses...

Edited by Zactoman

Finally! After all that work! The first few sets have been shipped!

More will be shipped on Monday (President's Day (I have to work :banana: )) Tuesday...

Danny where's my beer??? :)

post-3710-1140261122.jpg

Edited by Zactoman
Ok, I'll pay for your intakes Rob and because it's my birthday at the 28th of march, I'll take the F-23 1:32 as a gift :banana:

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Yea, sure I'll bring 2 six pacs, by the time its your birthday we should have finished the pits and perhaps the fab intakes,

rob

Btw

All most fininshed my F-16 BARAK , just the bangseat an the pilot.

Then its SU(MO) time with you

:wacko: Too many e-mails and PMs! I'll never be able to respond and still get anything done. So...

Thank you for all the kind words, I'm blushing...Pig is still MY hero...

Price for the intakes will be $54 + S&H ($6 US, Canada, and Mexico) ($11 international)...

No, I'm not making a list, preliminary special offers are to ARC in-progress builders (multiplying like rabbits!).

Next week I will post a new thread in the jet modeling forum for ARC members to order.

After this I will update my website with a buy-now button for sales to the rest of the world...

No, I don't plan to do an Su-30 or Su-33 conversion...

No, I'm not planning to do a canopy for the upcoming Su-27UB (unless they really botch it :angry: )...

My next project is the 1/32 YF-23 (see pics on pages 79, 80, and 81 of this thread, look for a future thread in the in-progress forum!)...

Yes, I am single, and I do like beer :beer4:

:D

For those receiving the first kits with no instructions, here's a few pics to help with locating the probes (airspeed indicators?). Sorry about the quality of the pics, too difficult to get them all in focus with my camera...

post-3710-1140306127.jpg

Edited by Zactoman

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions. First one, does the Aires cockpit instrument combing have any fit problems with the Zacto Canopy front section ? Second is a paint question, What is the normal resin cleaning method prior to primer or paint ? I hear soaking them, Soap & Water, Laq thinner, Acetone ........etc. I use to use Iso - alcohol but, I'm not sure it really cleans good enough. Thank you for any help guys. !!!

Joe the By-Passer

P.S. Thank you Chris for all you hard work, I hope our Flanker builds measure up to your quality !!!

:cheers::beer4:

First one, does the Aires cockpit instrument combing have any fit problems with the Zacto Canopy front section ?
Hi Apuman, the only fit issue I found was the gun camera. Because of the accurate profile of the Zactomodels replacement windshield, you may have to reduce the height by a tiny amount. I used a razor saw to remove mine and the thickness of the saw cut was all that was required.
Second is a paint question, What is the normal resin cleaning method prior to primer or paint ?

:blink: ...........Oops!, You're supposed to WASH the resin? Oh well, maybe on the intakes then. :lol:

HTH

:cheers: