I made it fit ! Without too much work...Black box Su-27 cockpit, does it fit ?

Next comes the IRST platform. All that's left will be detailing the canopy frames and the piece that goes behind the seat in the caonopy. Anybody know of any good pictures showing the top of this piece as viewed looking through the canopy?

I have a few pics of the underside of the coaming behind the seat - but clear photos of the top of the coaming are hard to come by - I just quickly went through my Flanker refs - and the attached are the best two I could find - but I'll keep looking.

The coaming appears always to be painted light grey, it slopes forwards from the rear of the canopy to the back of the seat and has criss-cross ribs.

It rises with the canopy - my photos of the underside show the structure and actuating ram.

The first of the attached photos is in B%W - but shows the structure quite clearly. The second photo is of a naval Su-33 - and you can see the canopy de-misting duct crossing over behind the seat.

I will keep on looking for a better pic...........

Ken

IRST housing is coming along. The conversion will require removing the existing hump from the kit and extending the cut-out for the ball forward a bit. The clear dome is the kit part with the flange sanded down.

irst004.jpg

Edited by Zactoman

IRST housing almost finished...

Next comes the internal canopy framing details.

I'm anxious to get this finished and into kit form so I can actually find time to build the model!

irst013.jpg

Edited by Zactoman
i think narita's build of the su-27 shows how to fit the BB cockpit into the kit

He chose to mix kit parts with Black Box parts. He used the kits front shroud, instrument panel, and tub.

In order to use the Black Box tub and insrtument panel, you have to use the Black Box front shroud (as the BB instrument panel is wider than the kit part and won't fit in the kit shroud).

I made it fit ! Without too much work...Black box Su-27 cockpit, does it fit ?

Next comes the IRST platform. All that's left will be detailing the canopy frames and the piece that goes behind the seat in the caonopy. Anybody know of any good pictures showing the top of this piece as viewed looking through the canopy?

I am sorry I didn't see this question..

may be this pictures will help you.. if it is not too late.

To be honest, I hate such pictures.. =)

They kill all you possibilities to avoid detailing a model =)))

Once you have them.. there is no way not to build something superdetailled..

But it means that the project completion time is prolonged.

:D

I'm starting to get worried. I've only posted this here on ARC and you guys have already made 30 or 40 requests for the parts! How am I going to keep up?

I'm hoping to have the parts ready to start a business after the first of the year. Unfortunately, my work is moving to Burbank and the shop will be in a disarray for a while (end of Jan?). I'll try to pump out a few sets ASAP for those who can't possibly wait. The good news is that I'm getting a spin-casting machine after we move there!!! (Metal landing gear struts? Better urethane castings?)

Thanks again for all the support you guys are giving me :D

I'm starting to get worried. I've only posted this here on ARC and you guys have already made 30 or 40 requests for the parts! How am I going to keep up?

I'm hoping to have the parts ready to start a business after the first of the year. Unfortunately, my work is moving to Burbank and the shop will be in a disarray for a while (end of Jan?). I'll try to pump out a few sets ASAP for those who can't possibly wait. The good news is that I'm getting a spin-casting machine after we move there!!! (Metal landing gear struts? Better urethane castings?)

Thanks again for all the support you guys are giving me :)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I have a trump Su-27 right here and am about to start it. GET ME THOSE PARTS ASAP!!!!!! ;) Really, I'm not kidding. I'll send you the money whenever you want me too. Just send me a PM.

:thumbsup:

Michiel