I'm a wimp when it comes to cold (currently 51...Brrrrr).

All I can say Zactoman is WOW !!!

You are really going to town on that canopy.

It is obvious from the photos you have posted that you are a master craftsman and a stickler for accuracy.

That rear coaming and the underside is a work of art.

I assume you have access to photos of the underside of the canopy - with its actuating ram etc ??

I have a few - if you haven't already got them.

There are a series of about seven U-shaped brackets along the bottom edge of the canopy sill - and they engage into inverted L-shaped lugs mounted along the cockpit sill on the airframe.

When the canopy closes, it comes down, then slides forward about 2 inches when the brackets engage with the lugs.

But then you have all this covered I expect ??

But hey - stop posting photos here and wasting valuable time - get on with that canopy :thumbsup:

Have a great New Year......... :wacko:

Ken

PS - Just scaled up some 1:72 scale Su-27 drawings on the works photocopier to 1:32 scale. Getting ready to start on my Trumpeter Flanker - being held up by lack of replacement cockpit (Awaiting NeOmega) and canopy (Zactoman) :thumbsup:

It would be good to open new topic with all these goodies from you.

I can't wait to open a new topic! That will be: "1/32 Su-27 Flanker" in progress.

I have the Su-27 kit, a Blackbox cockpit set, and I'm anxiously awaiting a canopy replacement kit from Zactomodels!

I assume you have access to photos of the underside of the canopy - with its actuating ram etc ?? I have a few - if you haven't already got them.

My references for this project include:

Polygon publications "Cy-27"- scale drawings, great perspective line drawings.

Verlinden Lock on #17 - great detail photos.

Osprey Su-27 book by Jon Lake- more great photos.

Concord pubs Su-27 Flanker by Sergey Skrynnikov

Aerospace super profile (world airpower journal) also by Jon Lake

Aerofax Extra 3 Su-27 by Dennis Jenkins and Jay Miller

and of course, the internet, and some great pics from my ARC buddies! :cheers:

Any other "Must Haves"?

being held up by lack of replacement cockpit (Awaiting NeOmega)

Is Neomega going to do this in 1/32? How will thier kit compare to Black box kit?

Is Neomega going to do this in 1/32? How will thier kit compare to Black box kit?

Knowing the quality of their work, it will be the best on the market.

Alexei Rossiyan (Mr NeOmega) has a contact at Sukhoi.

He is on a par with you when it comes to research and making awesome masters.

NeOmega resin kits are expensive - but you get the quality you pay for.

Ken

But is Neomega actually doing it? and if so, When might it be released?

I'm just starting the actuator assembly and am trying to make it work with both Blackbox or kit parts. I'd like to know that it will also work with Neomega parts (not to mention I'd like to get a set for myself if they are as good or better than Blackbox).

I had to slightly modify the Black box part to make the angle match my part.

I'll probaly use these photos (or similar) to compose an instruction sheet for the kit.

First I sanded the back of the BB part flat. Then dunked it in Boiling water. Then I gently reformed the part and let it cool (you can dunk the part in chilled water to speed things up). I did this in several small steps until I got the angle right.

(Note my big fat fingers :cheers: )

post-3-1104398336.jpg

Edited by Zactoman

This was the hardest part, getting the actuator assy to all fit just right and still keep it dis-assemblable for molding purposes.

At several points I got so frustrated that I considered just gluing it together and painting it and letting somebody else do the aftermarket kit! :cheers:

The basic structure now done, I can concentrate on the details. Then comes the challenge of moldeing and casting the parts...

post-3-1104398658.jpg

Edited by Zactoman

A 1:32nd Flanker is too big for me (and I've got two Academy kits in the stash), but I want to say that your work is amazing. It's been interesting following the progress - it's far more interesting than just looking at pics of the finished item.

Jens