• 3 months later...
Wondering if there has been anymore progress on the two seat canopies?
No progress lately but they still are on the list and will eventually happen. I've just got a few other small projects I want to get done first.

Sorry for the delay...

:worship:

• 5 months later...

I just want to say to that you have made my day, and your Su-27 conversion kits are on the TOP of my to buy list, your detail is right on the money as they say, I have three kits that all will get your parts, now I just have to find the time to build. I've research everything I can get my mind around with the issues that come with most kits if not all, with one or maybe two exceptions Heller being one, if you can find one that is. This is a new hobby for me and I'm excited and glad that after reading your post on the Su canopy issues, you are a life saver as well as all the other informative sites I've read in the last year! Like some, the 1:48 and 1:72 are my favorites. I hope I didn't take this out of context, considering the discussion is on "trumpeter 1/32 Su-27".

Tonal

• 1 year later...

Guys,

share your experiences in painting the Zacto intakes inside!

For the 4th time repainted, but I'm not satisfied with the result... :bandhead2:

It is very inconvenient to use the airbrush to paint inside the air intakes and always there turns out not a smooth coat of paint, but the "shagreen."

When attempting to polish the inside of ducts after painting (which, as you know, is very inconvenient) the paint disappears constantly in some places...

Although I firstly apply a prime coating of resin parts...

630b7a09dcbfa9632b15579ecbe22308.jpg

d08e54a709b9bf4d0dc51c3c0a9418cf.jpg

5b135552c15dc168f6f0b2b7991e67fb.jpg

Edited by maXar

Guys,

share your experiences in painting the Zacto intakes inside!

Hello maXar, sorry to hear of your intake woes.

When I painted mine I think I must have got lucky as I did n't experience any problems. I used an airbrush to apply the silver then applied a light wash of yellow over the silver paint. I did n't need to paint deep inside the intake trunking though as I was always planning to place the FOD guards in the raised position.

See my attempt >here<

I hope you manage to find a solution, good luck.

Cheers,

:cheers:

Hello geedubelyer!

Thank You, that You told me!

I have been reading all your posts in this thread. It's very interesting to learn about Your technological methods for working with models and parts.

So I appreciate Your opinion.

I did n't need to paint deep inside the intake trunking though as I was always planning to place the FOD guards in the raised position.

It was easier for you..

The front of the intake can be painted without any problems (for me ;)) because the airbrush can be positioned perpendicular to the painted surfaces.

But I want to display FOD guard down.

I found an interesting method here.

It was used by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann when working on a kit F-16 (Tamiya).

In case of F-16 such a white interior latex paint will do because the intake of F-16 inside is in white.

But I'm not sure that the base white latex paint can be toned in the appropriate color of "steel" in case of Su-27.

Sorry for my bad English... I must edit the text many times.. :doh:

Edited by maXar