Mine was built by a company called Plasticart and it seems like a GDR production, too.

Below is the photo of the boxart.

There is no interior, no wheel wells and a very simplifed landing gear so I decided to build it inflight. Dryfit, though, looks good...

• 5 weeks later...

That's the one and only VEB Plasticart kit. They made the entire range of Soviet airliners, including Tu-114, as well as Caravelle and 727 (in old Pan Am markings, no less). All in 1/100 scale. I've been really curious what happened to the molds after GDR disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an fantastic looking paint scheme.

I use Scotch brand Magic Tape for complicated paint schemes. I lay strips of 3/4 inch wide tape side by side slightly overlapping each one, on a mirror. Then make a template of the area I want to mask off and cut it out of the tape. It them peels up off the mirror fairly easily, and I lay it on the aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...

hm... it seems that the quickie I anticipated with this bird became a long lasting putty and sanding relationship :wave: well here's the current state of the bird... far away from being finished :worship: But it looks cool and it is HUGE (accustomed builidn 1/72 fighters :cheers: ).

2_G.sized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my nerves on this one...endless sanding and puttying on wing/fuselage joints and horizontal/vertical stabilizer joints... I am not sure, when I'll finish this bird, but I won't quit because I love the livery... Today I started to work at an airport and I might get some fresh motivation to build airliners :thumbsup: