1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

The vote is in: Timmy! won Best Aircraft - Large Scale - Scratchbuilt. :rolleyes:

Matt :rofl:

That doesn't do this build justice. How many scratchbuilt large scale planes were there? This should have won Best of Show.

Jake

Just got back home. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I got to meet several ARCers while I was there and the support was stunning! I am glad to have shared the build with you and especially glad some of you got to see it in person.

There are many shots of it posted here and there, but I will still get some posted soon. The rear canopy hatch broke on the way home so I'll need to get it glued back on - clean breaks at the glue joints so no catastrophe. Thanks again.

Timmy!

BTW the older posts have lost their pictures as they were directly loaded on the forum - the old skool way. But don't worry I am thinking about an article or book on the subject in the future.

Whew... great thing its not a serious damage... thank goodness...

To all of the guys who took pics of the OV-10D+, can you post some of them in this thread? Please?!

sir Erin, just a request, can you post a pic of the model with the award(s) you got beside it?

a li'l bit O/T...

meanwhile, back here in our country (or to be more specific, the southern provinces), the OV-10s that we have here (the real ones BTW) went into action once again, pummeling the rebel group who was, until last week, was in the final stages of the peace talks with our government... but from the latest intel' of our Armed Forces, they just used it to widen their territory, taking more and more small communities as they go... and just this sunday, our OV-10s went onto airstrikes despite overcast skies and low clouds to drive those bandits away...

looks like those rebels just made a fool out of the government's effort to restore peace on that region...

here are some news video pics

ov-10.jpg

ov-10-1.jpg

these pics were just taken out from online videos... the TV broadcasts were much clearer, and they even filmed the locals cheering for the OV-10s everytime they deliver their ordnance (they really wath them out of their community), and the sound of the OV-10s were captured clearly... (ironic as it may seem for my part, the sound of a diving OV-10 scares me, despite hearing them on a daily basis when I was a kid, watching my father fly the airplane... because it only means that it will deliver something nasty...)

Edited by Hans

Ok to clairify some thing as to judging. I am a IPMS judge "Ouch, that hurt, put that knife down" and as such I want to let you guys know a little bit of what happened. First off to win best of show Timmy's OV-10 would have had to win best aircraft. It didn't so thats why it wasn't considered. Now some would ask why it didn't win best Aircraft?? well the vote was very close and IIRC two votes had to take place and even after the 2nd vote it was close but enough of a margine for the Head aircraft judge to declare a winner. With 50/60 judges voteing and to lose by the slimest of margines would hurt ,but Timmy know this, it was a very fine piece of work and it was a very close race to the end.

FWIW

Jim

Ok to clairify some thing as to judging. I am a IPMS judge "Ouch, that hurt, put that knife down" and as such I want to let you guys know a little bit of what happened. First off to win best of show Timmy's OV-10 would have had to win best aircraft. It didn't so thats why it wasn't considered. Now some would ask why it didn't win best Aircraft?? well the vote was very close and IIRC two votes had to take place and even after the 2nd vote it was close but enough of a margine for the Head aircraft judge to declare a winner. With 50/60 judges voteing and to lose by the slimest of margines would hurt ,but Timmy know this, it was a very fine piece of work and it was a very close race to the end.

FWIW

Jim

FWIW, the Best Aircraft award was won by Ben Guenther - who does some outstanding work (examples of which are posted below, in 1/144th scale):

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

yes, it's all scratchbuilt.....

Matt :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt_S
  • 1 month later...