1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

Here are a few shots of the finished carcass of the seat. These parts are ready for paint. Lots of rivets and bolt heads on these parts which were created with a waldron sub-minature punch and die set.

Wow :cheers:

Looking great Timmy!

Question for you. Why are you using bright red and yellow plastic?

It seems like you would have to spray "that much more" paint over the parts to ensure coverage, thus hiding some of your detail work, and any accidentally missed coverage would stand out sorely...

Excellent stuff! :wave:

:wave:

:woot.gif::soapbox:

For sale, complete collection of aircraft and assorted models.....

jeezus H. cheerist on a pogo stick...........

INSANE ..........................

I'm cured........

this is scratchbuilding the way it's supposed to be... IMPRESSIVE....

:worship::worship:

Harald

Wow :woot.gif:

Looking great Timmy!

Question for you. Why are you using bright red and yellow plastic?

It seems like you would have to spray "that much more" paint over the parts to ensure coverage, thus hiding some of your detail work, and any accidentally missed coverage would stand out sorely...

Excellent stuff! :soapbox:

:worship:

The red and yellow plastic I leftovers from sheets I bought many moons ago. To tell you the truth, I suppose it would be easier to use white styrene. I have found though that on most of the parts with rivets and such, that some build up of paint blends things together. I think that in a smaller scale that I would be in trouble for sure. Bottom line is I don't have any white stuff in the thickness I'm using so, red and yellow it is.

Timmy!

Those seats look great! I'm just curious: about how much time did it take you to build each seat, from first cut to paint as shown in the pics?

Curtis

Those seats look great! I'm just curious: about how much time did it take you to build each seat, from first cut to paint as shown in the pics?

Curtis

All in all about 18 to 20 hours. I started them last weekend, working both Saturday and Sunday, and painted them this weekend but I only worked on them Sunday.

Timmy!

Where can you get coloured plastic like that? Is it styrene, or at least compatible with liquid cement?

Well this stuff I got from a hobby shop "YEARS" ago. I think it was Tamiya brand stuff, the shop had it in 11x17" sheets and it was on sale. I haven't seen it since. But it is .010 inch styrene - works with liquid cement and everything else.

Work continues with the survival kit and seat cushions. The survival kit was made from layers of styrene. There is a gap between the shell halves that was simulated with a piece of plastic that was cut undersize and placed in the sandwich.

Here are the seat back cushions smoothed out and "wrinkles" added. (They don't show very well in these shots-should show better with paint and I'll have those photos soon.)