1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

• 1 month later...
This is the ruder pedal assembly for the aft cockpit. Sorry of the blur.

post-14-1109563683.jpg

Um sir, do you have a better pic, or diagram etc. for this? I can't seem to get mine right... :)

Edited by Hans
Um sir, do you have a better pic, or diagram etc. for this? I can't seem to get mine right... :thumbsup:

Hans,

Haven't been active on the forums lately - I'll see what I can do!

Timmy!

I have made some progress in the last few weeks, but not as much as I had hoped. The following shots show the addition of the engine nacelles, boom sections being added and "healed" and the horizontal stab. I I said before the paint put on earlier was a "primer" to spot flaws and knowing that there would be obvious damage when the afore mentioned parts would be added. There are still some details missing - but with a lull in building I decided to get some shots posted.

Timmy!

finishbuild1eq6.jpg

finishbuild6on8.jpg

finishbuild5jm4.jpg

finishbuild3hb4.jpg

finishbuild4wf5.jpg

finishbuild2fh3.jpg

I have started the nose gear. The following are shots of the upper portion. Brass tubing was used for the center section. I used telescoping sections soldered together, then turned on my lathe to the proper width and diameter. Sheet brass forms the upper supports. A hole was drilled in the center then the edges bent to shape these will be soldered together, as the last shot shows, and then "webbing" between the support structures will be fared with epoxy putty.

Timmy!

nosegear3of3.jpg

nosegear2xu3.jpg

nosegear1hb8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

These are shots of the sub-assemblies of the nose gear. Mostly made from brass tube and sheet soldered together. You'll notice that on some parts I made a brass "skeleton" and filled out the shape with plastic and putty. The parts seem plenty strong - but I definitely hade to go the soldered brass so the will support the airplane.

Parts clockwise from the top:

Chassis Assembly, Nose Wheel Steering and Steer Damping Assembly, Torque Link, Fork Assembly and Drag Brace

ngear16iw1.jpg

Details shots

ngear15mj1.jpg

ngear10oc4.jpg

ngear11gs2.jpg

ngear3qo3.jpg

ngear6pb4.jpg

ngear12jy5.jpg

ngear13ew8.jpg

ngear14tc4.jpg

Edited by Timmy!
Timmy!, with the next set of photos could you photograph it with something to give us some size persperctive? Like maybe have a dollar bill sitting next to it or something like that?

Hope these help!

Timmy!

size2xj0.jpg

sizeau4.jpg

Right on the money!!! :)

BTW, for the landing gear, um, sir, can you show us where the pieces should fall into place when you finally install this on the aircraft?

I'm also going to scratchbuild the landing gears for the academy kit...

thanks!!!

keep it up!!!

Once again thanks for the support!

Here is a quick update.

This is the master for the nose wheel. All the parts are from turned acrylic rod. The rim was a two part assembly the outer wall and the inner hub. The tire has a custom decal made from my ALPS printer. One cool things an ALPS can do is print several layers in register. Because of the uniquie properties of the ALPS "Ink" it can build up a thickness with multiple print passes. So the markings should show on the cast tire, just like the real markings on the tire. That's the theory anyway - we'll see how it goes.

Timmy!

nosewheel3cx8.jpg

nosewheel2fn7.jpg

Beautiful attention to detail Timmy. The writing on the tyres is a masterstroke, I sincerely hope it comes out. You deserve it!

Are you planning to add any "bulging" to the base of the tyre, where the flatspot meets the ground, before you cast the actual resin part?

:yahoo:

Beautiful attention to detail Timmy. The writing on the tyres is a masterstroke, I sincerely hope it comes out. You deserve it!

Are you planning to add any "bulging" to the base of the tyre, where the flatspot meets the ground, before you cast the actual resin part?

:cheers:

GW,

Thanks very much! I'll be dumping rubber in them tonight so when I wake-up tomorrow I'll know.

I am simply flattening them. My photos show very little bulge - at least on the nose wheel. The tire profile where the tread would be is actually concave so I think the tire flattens w/o bulging much. I may consider some bulge on the mains - but I don't want to over do it.

Timmy!

Edited by Timmy!
  • 3 weeks later...

Work grinds on! Here is the right main gear. Still have the wheel, Tire, brakes and plumbing yet to go. Oh and then the left one.

Parts clockwise form the top.

Drag Brace, Tie Down Ring, Brace Link, Pivot Pin, Axle Beam, Shock Strut Assembly, Oleo Brace Link and the Post.

maingear1on5.jpg

Here is the assembled gear.

maingear2dm1.jpg

maingear3xb0.jpg

maingear4sz8.jpg

maingear5xn4.jpg