1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

Coming along it is....

What's that RBF tag made out of?

It's a decal. Printed from my own artwork on white injet decal paper. I printed both sides in a single strip, cut it out and folded it in half then the edges were carefully painted to match.

Most of the lower instrument pannels are in place. There is still a laundry list of little details to add. Anti-G suit hoses, Grimes lights, flood lights etc. Power control levers, condition and flap levers will be left off for now so I only have to build them once (fingers crossed). I'm starting the ejection seats next.

Once the seats are built and some more work is done to the cargo bay area I'll be able to set the side walls permanently. For now they are loose, and just as well, because I can shoot better pictures.

like the pog that you used with the money :lol: if you need anymore I have a whole pocket full I will gladly donate to you Erick

I've got a million of them too. I guess I could get a little miffed that I lost some change - but when I got those that meant that KBR or the Air Force was in town and my life was a little better.

Timmy!

Holy Shiat, this place is getting filled with Maniacs like Pierre - Timmy, my respects, you're a major league player!!.... :lol: That's impressive!!!! We need more of these guys!!! :lol:

Take Care!

Edited by MaRiO FDZ

I wanted to give a little more detail on how I'm building this model. So I thought I do a step by step with the ejection seats for this airplane.

First it starts with good plans! This photo is the beginning of the seat structure or carcass. Copies of the plans are glued to flat styrene with a glue stick.

Next the parts are cut out, simple enough. I always cut similar parts from their own piece of plan, rather than making copies of a part. I find that identical parts stay more uniform this way.

Some detail is added next. It depends on the part; in this case cutting holes in the seatback is much easier before assembly. Also if I need to add parts on a specific piece that has nor obvious reference points, I LIGHTLY scribe marks into the plastic before I remove the paper plan from the plastic. In this case there are horizontal strips that I'll add later, that I have scribed lines on the plastic. (It doesn't really show in the photos.)

Here is the seat back once the paper is removed. The paper usually peels off, but sometimes a dip in some water is necessary to help it along as well as remove glue residue.

These parts are the sides of the lower seat. They have a slight bend in them, with a relatively shard bend line. To achieve the sharp bend I scribed about half way through the plastic and bent the plastic along the line. I used thin CA to fill the scribe line and set the angle of the bend. Again here I set the angle of one part then matched the other three to that one.

Then the carcass is built. I use super glue almost exclusively for assembly. I have found that liquid cements will warp the thin plastic. A lot of care is taken to keep the assemblies square.

More coming soon.