Can't decide between these 2 sprayers/airbrushes

Which one of these is better to get???

1.) http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1551

I have this one, but when we cleaned my basement, we threw out the special cap for it by accident, so I'd have to re buy it even though I have the rest of the unit.

2.) http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=2207

3.) http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=2208

Now the reason for these, are to spray paints that are in bottles onto the plane.

Ex: I'm currently working on a A-10 and am going to camo it. I screwed up and bought a Spray can in Dark green and a 1/2Oz in Med green (Should of been the other way around.) So I need to apply the medium Green first, so I would take it and put some in one of these Sprayers, and paint the plane, then add the Grey in for the Camo, with the Dark Green.

I just need something to act as a "Sprayer/Spray Can for the bottled paints.

Like I said, I have the first one, but not the special 1/4 Oz bottle needed to spray, so I would have to rebuy it.

So which is the best out of those 3, and those 3 only...I can't get an air brush...yet.

Thanks,

John

Jnick,

I have used the sprayer before and while it is good for large areas, you still have large fluctuations in pressure because you are using a spray can, not to mention the number of times it foze to my glove :unsure:.

I would go with your second or third option. But to put in my $0.02, I would spend a little extra money and get one of Testors double action airbrushes with the interchangeable tips so I can adapt my airbrush to each situation easily.

Hope that helps.

-Chris

Thanks, but right now an Air Brush is out of the question...my parents won't even let me have one. So it's one of those up there...So I guess I'm going with the middle one? Remember I HAVE to paint the entire body and wings with this....Well just for this plane that is...

You realize, don't you, that the main difference between one of these and an airbrush is that an airbrush is a higher level of quality, and feed paint out of a cup or jar instead of the jar it's sold in.

You should be able to get very good results with one of these sprayers. If you thin your paint properly and mask effectively, you should be able to paint almost anything with these.

Badger has a simple sprayer like these (model 250) , but it is far better made. I used one for many years before getting a real airbrush. It couldn't do fine detail, but the finishes looked very even.

Thanks CWA...

but which did you have...

250-1, 250-2, 250-3 or 250-4?

Or better yet, which is the best to get if I'm going to mainly use it on the Fusealage and wings of the plane (Camo, or any other paint scheme) ...?

Which would be the best for that...I'm not so worried with the little parts like bombs, wheels...etc...

Thanks,