If you will recal, I am the worlds slowest modeler.

Slow but good, Pete, slow but VERY good!

Looks great to me and even if it´s turns out only half as good as your Viper, then, Sir, we will have one kickass Hornet in the Gallery! :cheers:

István

Nice to hear THAT, especially, because I´ve never ever seen a real Hornet in my entire life, so my only reference were documentaries and pictures plus the phantastic Daco book! Pete, make me proud, you will build a cool Bug, I´m pretty sure! Keep posting, I am still fascinated from watching the in-progress-shots from that Viperbuild! :) :cheers:

István

I am the worlds slowest modeler.

Pig,

You're a lot of things....but I'm afraid I hold that title!!!!!

:)

Seriously though...the Hornet looks KICK-***!! I'm really looking forward to getting back to some modeling soon. Seeing your Hornet (and not to mention the other recent Hornets here at ARC) is really starting to get to me!! :cheers:

Cheers,

Tilt

Great Pig!! Looks good so far.

I'm honored you are doing a CF-18. If you want any reference stuff just let me know. I'll walk out in the hanger and take some pictures for you.

And of course, you are modeling it after the Finest Fighting CF-18 Squadron in the CF? The fighting 416!!!

The rest suck!!

Pig,

Don't forget the tip weights (usually matte black) on the AIM-7 forward fins.

Regards,

Murph

After viewing some detail photos.....I've come to the conclusion that the tip weights on the Aim-7's used by the 'Balkan Rats' were more of a Stainless Steel finish.

And thanks to Murph for pointing this out....I didn't even realize these existed.

Cheers,

Tilt

And of course, you are modeling it after the Finest Fighting CF-18 Squadron in the CF? The fighting 416!!!

The rest suck!!

416???!!! They still around??!!

Oh....and the rest suck AND blow.........416 just blows!!!!

:lol:

:cheers::rofl: :lol:

Cheers,

Tilt

Pig,

Don't forget the tip weights (usually matte black) on the AIM-7 forward fins.

Regards,

Murph

After viewing some detail photos.....I've come to the conclusion that the tip weights on the Aim-7's used by the 'Balkan Rats' were more of a Stainless Steel finish.

And thanks to Murph for pointing this out....I didn't even realize these existed.

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilt,

The type of tip weight depended on whether it was an AIM-7F or AIM-7M. The 7F weights were generally darker.

Regards,

Murph

OMG OMG OMG HES MAKING A F18!

YEY!

LOOKS GREAT!

I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!

This is going to be such a GOOOOOOOD post to keep following!

Pig: I already know I will love the finshed Hornet! :lol:

/Kristian

Notice Pierre is the French equivilent of Peter = Pete... Super Detail... Phantom... Viper... Anyone Catch the Similarity here??? Huh anyone????? :rofl:

I was a Lurker on that Viper Build You had going Just cause I don't know anything about them... I now have 6 in the stash with some nice 2Bobs and Isradecal decals.

Looking forward to your CF-188 Build Pete!!!! :lol: :lol:

So this going to be a standard scheme or a colour bird????

:cheers:

Emil

So this going to be a standard scheme or a colour bird????

:thumbsup:

Emil

Hi Emil,

After conferring with Tilt, I decided to do a Balkan Rat...Tilt has been an incredible asset / good friend / huge help and got me pointed in the right direction!

and Frank...Yes sir, I started with the ordanance etc...I'm kinda weird that way!

Thanks gents for all the support :beer4:

Regards,

Pig (...still looking for tip weights :rofl: )