I feel I just have to comment, I have been following this build for some time now and have looked forward to each new installment.

Fantastic work mate! That sure is the top end of modeling and thanks for sharing. What is your tecunique(?) for that streaking, it looks perfect.

Cheers

Anthony

Fantastic work mate! That sure is the top end of modeling and thanks for sharing. What is your tecunique(?) for that streaking, it looks perfect.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks you guys!..and thanks for sticking with me on this build...I am the world's slowest modeller!

To answer your question Anthony, the streaks were really easy to do. I used some oil paint..mixed to look like crud (black, brown) and thinned it to about the same viscosity as regular testors enamel out of the jar. (thicker than what you would use for a wash) I carefully painted each streak with a fine brush, careful to get them paralell to eachother, but not too concerned with how heavy the paint went on...at this point you just need it to stay where you put it. Simply paint lines where you want the streaks to be and walk away for an hour or two. When you come back, the paint will have set up. At this point take a piece of old cotton T-shirt and carefully start softly wiping in the direction of the airflow, which should be the same direction that the lines are going. You are removing paint at this point...as the lines become more subtle, start to fade the trailing end of the streak by rubbing out more of the paint at the end of the streak. You want most of the streak near the fastener, gently fading into nothing as it runs aft..and if you pork it up, wipe it all off and try again! :cheers:

Cheers for a happy Festivus!

Pig

are the antennas the kits parts or did you scratch them they look good also how do you guys glue this to your models without having glue all ove the place love to know

also the jig you have made to put your model on does this work on different models or just this one? like to know how you guys build them are they always build like this or does evry plane have its own type jig?

because today i put some paint on my f-16 for the first time with airbrush and i noticed that even the tiniest bit of glue is noticable after i sprayed ooh wel lesoon learned i guess

ps thanx for the tip on the missiles i like builds like these its better than the booklet in the box

i know lots of questions i hope this doesnt get boring

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Edited by stusbke

...I did manage to get the seat installed and attach the helmet to the rail. The CAF seat configuration still need the survival kit strap. There is also a Nav bag stuffed along the aft-right side of the cockpit...

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann