:rofl:

Very Diplomatic... The Balkan Rats were made up of several Squadrons if my memory serves me right.

Good choice!

Hey you can even hang some heavy Iron on this baby! :thumbsup:

Hows them for some Tip Weights????

:beer4:

Emil

Holy Crap Batman! That's some sweet looking underwing stores!!! :thumbsup:

Pete, If the rest of the Bug looks half as good as the Ordnance, why I think I'll have to go back to snap-tite kits again!!!

Take Care,

Thomas

Hi Gents,

Most of the pics I've seen of the underwing pylons that were flying on the Rats show some wear and tear. The undercoat/primer is a funky Mac Air blue-green, and shows through when the paint flakes away.

To simulate this I used some Patina blue-green Rub-N-Buff. It comes in a tube. Smear some on your finger and rub it on the unpainted plastic where you want to weather. Paint the topcoat, and as soon as it sets up, use sme sticky scotch tape to pull the topcoat off.

Simple stuff. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Pig

(In my best Champ Voice):

I says.............PARDON?!?!?!?!

SNAP...............LOOSE IT!!!!!! :thumbsup::beer4:

WELL I LOSE IT! I SNAP! FAKE HIM TO THE HEAD WITH A SIDEWINDER, AND THE ULTRAMAROON GOES FOR IT.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kind of fitting Colin, considering your nickname could be "Knuckles"

Favorite Champ story has to be "Where you going with those two old oars?"

Here's another look. These pics make the green look a little darker than reality..

Folks...I have a feeling we're about set to watch the construction of one of the finest CF-18 models around. From what I've seen so far (and seeing what Pig can do with plastic in the past) I think we're in for a real treat.

The under-coating (weathering) looks kick-***!! I can't wait to see more.

Cheers,

Tilt

p.s. Thanks for the kind words Pig....just doing my duty to spread the good word on our front-line Fighter. Call anytime!! :thumbsup:

I am confused, however, at Pig listing you as a reference source. I wasn't aware you had any interest at all in the CF-18. :beer4:

Cheers,

:rofl::rofl:

(ya got 2 rolly-smiley-faces for that one....the misses got a kick outta that one as well)

:thumbsup:

(In my best Champ Voice):

I says.............PARDON?!?!?!?!

SNAP...............LOOSE IT!!!!!! :beer4::rofl:

WELL I LOSE IT! I SNAP! FAKE HIM TO THE HEAD WITH A SIDEWINDER, AND THE ULTRAMAROON GOES FOR IT.... :rofl::rofl: :)

Favorite Champ story has to be "Where you going with those two old oars?"

A FLURRY to the solar plexes, and hes laying there, I say, "Hows that pal?

Is that , Where are you going with those two oars enough for ya?

Ever since , I've been the champ." :thumbsup:

Awesome looking, just a small tip, Don't use that FLIR pod. Its the wrong one.

Cheers

I'm a little confused with this one as well.

Canada used (quite extensively) the AN/AAS-38B 'Nite Hawk' FLIR pod during Operation Allied Force.

Or are you just saying that the kit pod isn't a perfect match?

cf_18_fighter.jpg

Cheers,

Tilt

:)

Very Diplomatic... The Balkan Rats were made up of several Squadrons if my memory serves me right.

Good choice!

Hey you can even hang some heavy Iron on this baby! :thumbsup:

:)

Emil

They were 416 jets :lol: with a mix of 441 and 416. That is the truth.

Awesome looking, just a small tip, Don't use that FLIR pod. Its the wrong one.

Cheers

I'm a little confused with this one as well.

Canada used (quite extensively) the AN/AAS-38B 'Nite Hawk' FLIR pod during Operation Allied Force.

Or are you just saying that the kit pod isn't a perfect match?

cf_18_fighter.jpg

Cheers,

Tilt

I'm not sure what Alien means by that.

Unless I am really missing something the pod in the kit is pretty accurate. I do work on the 38. Alien and I work together so I'll have to ask him what he means. Our pod is different but all the changes are internal.

I'm Nite Hawk qualified and I do work on them.

Not one of our Nitehawks are painted in the same color as the airframe. It is a lighter grey. Usually the back section is even lighter.

Of note, during the Balkans we borrowed 12 pods from the Australian Airforce. They were also a different color.

I'm not sure what Alien means by that.

Unless I am really missing something the pod in the kit is pretty accurate. I do work on the 38. Alien and I work together so I'll have to ask him what he means. Our pod is different but all the changes are internal.

I'm Nite Hawk qualified and I do work on them.

Not one of our Nitehawks are painted in the same color as the airframe. It is a lighter grey. Usually the back section is even lighter.

Of note, during the Balkans we borrowed 12 pods from the Australian Airforce. They were also a different color.

I was pretty sure that it's an accurate look to the pod.

The images I have of the Balkan Rats show the pod (and sometimes the pod mount) painted white.

Thanks for clearing this up Scooby.

Cheers,

Tilt