Seems like we are always working on the same model, eh?

as you are a mutch beter painter than i am, it is always a good reference to watch you post pig :)

your F16 was a real art work :(

Sucessfuly painting the bug is like having a "master in weathering technics" so i will keep an eye on your posts :wacko:

I am trying to build the compressor and it is more complicated than i thought.

I have also to scratch the vertical blades in front of the fan.

( inicialy i wanted to cut and sand the original part of the kit ).

just a request :D could you give us some very close up of your work

(if your camera is able to do it) thanks.

:cheers:

Hi Gents,

Some od you may remember the helmet and mask on the rail of my big F-16D. I thought I'd do that again with the CF-18.

Here is the poor pilots head...minus the face :thumbsup: Again the result of some brutal and macabre surgery. I used the dremel and some files to open up th lid.

I'll add a mask & hose as well...

Regards,

Pig

Hi Gents,

Some od you may remember the helmet and mask on the rail of my big F-16D. I thought I'd do that again with the CF-18.

Here is the poor pilots head...minus the face :o Again the result of some brutal and macabre surgery. I used the dremel and some files to open up th lid.

Regards,

Pig

take.....me.....to....your......leader......

nice job Pig!

Hi Gents,

Here is the poor pilots head...minus the face :o Again the result of some brutal and macabre surgery. I used the dremel and some files to open up th lid.

Regards,

Pig

Hey Pig,

I suspect you realize that the Canadian Helmet is a touch different than the US version. The commonly used HGU-55 was revised for Canadian use. The resulting Gentex 190A is slightly different. The leather areas are different, as well as the visor stops are larger. There's also an intigrated neck and nape strap.

The boys were still wearing the MBU-12/p mask during Op Allied Force.

If you wish, I can email you some detail shots of a Helmet and mask that is exactly like the one's worn.

Cheers,

Tilt

[

revised for Canadian use.

If you wish, I can email you some detail shots of a Helmet and mask that is exactly like the one's worn.

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilt!

OK, let me guess...you can play hockey in the thing too?

..Once again, you are the "go to guy" :lol:

I bet you even have a picture of your smiling face beaming out from a Gentex lid! Yessir, I'd appreciate a look at the differences! Thanks Man :lol:

Did I ever show you/post pics of my Combat Edge lid and mask?...

Regards,

Pig

I noticed the seatbelts are more of a Brownish color than the US light Grey Silvery kind of belts, is that pretty much standard in Canadian fighters, or is it just this particular type of seat. Just curious.

HI Andy!

Good eye! Yes..All the pictures I'm seeing of the seats in the Canadian Hornets have that funky orangish strap material on the upper riseres and some straps in the lap assembly. The lap belt is green and the leg restraints are the blue ones...

There is one "mystery" strap. It is a yellow one, appearing to come off the left side of the seat. It has a big metal pin on the end, and looks like it snaps to the left sidewall ( just under the remote chaff/flare switch) to secure it out of the way when its not in use. See Daco book page 66..Trouble is, I have no idea what it is! Tilt? Beuler?

Looks like the Canadian harness and seat strap arrangement is alot different from the U.S.

Regards,

Pig

use. See Daco book page 66..Trouble is, I have no idea what it is! Tilt? Beuler?

i see that you have the Dacco bible for the hornet, pig.... :D

That's a very good book.

I wish that they will do new ones next year because i am adicted to their level of quality.

It is hard now to use the squadron stuff with the pixelised and black and white picts :worship:

if you consider that we pay 20 euros for the squadron books and 35 for the daccos,

squadron should worry about their futures sales.

[

revised for Canadian use.

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilt!

OK, let me guess...you can play hockey in the thing too?

..Once again, you are the "go to guy" :thumbsup:

I bet you even have a picture of your smiling face beaming out from a Gentex lid! Yessir, I'd appreciate a look at the differences! Thanks Man :cheers:

Did I ever show you/post pics of my Combat Edge lid and mask?...

Regards,

Pig

Hockey.....drag racing....pretty much anything you can think of!! :rofl:

Here's the ugly mug....

02.jpg

But that doesn't show much (except a backseater getting seriously wrung-out!!!)

Follow this link to a new page on my website.....it'll set you up quite fine....

Helmet Walk Around

Hope this helps you.....and NO...you haven't shown me your CE lid and mask. That I'd really like to see.

Cheers,

Tilt

There is one "mystery" strap. It is a yellow one, appearing to come off the left side of the seat. It has a big metal pin on the end, and looks like it snaps to the left sidewall ( just under the remote chaff/flare switch) to secure it out of the way when its not in use. See Daco book page 66..Trouble is, I have no idea what it is! Tilt? Beuler?

Looks like the Canadian harness and seat strap arrangement is alot different from the U.S.

Well, the harness will be changing soon. It'll be upgraded to a similar setup that the Americans have. The boys will put the harness on in the ready room and then just 'snap' into the jet. It'll be safer and easier for the pilots. Talking to one of my friends, he's really looking forward to it. The fatal ejection that occured a couple years ago (Capt. Kevin 'Nasty' Naismith) promted this.

Now...about the "mystery" strap....

I believe you're talking about the 'Maritime Lanyard'.

If you look at the following photo (just some 'yutz' about to get an eye-opening experience), you can see the connection point and (yellow) strap that's attached to the survival vest. The other end (of the lanyard) attaches to the seat bottom (I think). Anyways, it attaches to survival equipment that you want to go with you if you have to punch out. Can't remember what all comes with you, but it's a pile of stuff.

RideB.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tilt

I am awake, and stop looking at my ***!   B)

Well.....it's kinda like a car accident......it's NASTY....but ya can't help but stare!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tilt

(with apologies to Pig for de-railing the topic!!!) :D

As per the discussion of the FLIR, the "indentation " portion of the FLIR threw me off. This part of thr FLIR is facing the aircraft station point. Not exposing this part making me think that the FLIR you are using was in correct. I went to the hangar floor and personally checked this out. The FLIR you are using is the correct one. I humbly apologize on my position and stand corrected.

Cheers

Well, the harness will be changing soon. It'll be upgraded to a similar setup that the Americans have. The boys will put the harness on in the ready room and then just 'snap' into the jet. It'll be safer and easier for the pilots. Talking to one of my friends, he's really looking forward to it. The fatal ejection that occured a couple years ago (Capt. Kevin 'Nasty' Naismith) promted this.

If you look at the following photo (just some 'yutz' about to get an eye-opening experience), you can see the connection point and (yellow) strap that's attached to the survival vest. The other end (of the lanyard) attaches to the seat bottom (I think). Anyways, it attaches to survival equipment that you want to go with you if you have to punch out. Can't remember what all comes with you, but it's a pile of stuff.

RideB.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tilt

Is that the world's famous 441 passenger in front of 410 Sqn in a 410 Sqn jet....you can't lie to me cause I've worked there for many many many years. no matter how much your memory fails you , YOU ARE in FRONT OF 410 SQN.

Cheers

Little tiny dog hater,

Always a Cat Lover!!

Tilt

Tilt!

..Yes, that is the strap! I recognize the metal connector..Thanks! that was keeping me awake at night :rofl:

Thanks also for the helmet link..Outstanding as usual :rofl:

Now then..maybe you and Sean can start an *** thread B) :rofl:

Hey Alien! Thanks for double checking on the pod..No need to be humble...not with the hairy *** pictures around!

Regards to all...

(How did this thread degenerate to *** pics I'll never know...........)

Pig

Now then..maybe you and Sean can start an *** thread

Thanks Pete but I'll give that a pass! Besides, that was Kevin.... B)

I was merely trying to blackmail Tilt (again). Judging from Alien Frog Modeler's post, I have a picture in my possesion that could be worth, well, a lot! :rofl:

Cheers,

Is that the world's famous 441 passenger in front of 410 Sqn in a 410 Sqn jet....you can't lie to me cause I've worked there for many many many years. no matter how much your memory fails you , YOU ARE in FRONT OF 410 SQN.

Okay...time to quit hijacking Pig's thread....

....go here for the silly explainations to Tilt's identity crisis!!!

Busted!!!!!

Sorry Pig!!

Back to the kick-butt Hornet model.

Cheers,

Tilt B)

Regards,

Pig

Hi Pig,

That is the lanyard that attaches to the seat pack. The pilot clips it on at about chest level. When he seperates from the seat in ensures the seat pack with all the survival equipment stays with him.

When not in use it is stored in the manner as you described.

The chaff flare switch you speak of is the salvo button.

...Slow progress here:

This is the seat so far. This is the wash after the gloss coat. I'll flat coat it, dry brush it, then finish up the detail painting. Still needs some hoses as well.

Pig

You are correct about our belt arrangements being different.

The stowage of the shoulder harnesses is not at the same height (as the resin seat depicts).

The left side of the seat has it's shoulder strap stow point (where the hook clips in)lower then the right side.

But I wouldn't go through the trouble to change this.