Pig,

Here's a photo from the 'ARC walkaround' section....

mvc-125s.jpg

Both hoses hook up to the aft-left bulkhead. The O2 regulator is always connected to the hose port. When you 'strap-in', you simply connect the end of the mask hose (and the comm cord) to the regulator apparatus. The g-suit hose goes directly to the bulkhead port.

Wish I had a clear shot of all this.

Hope this helps,

Tilt

Both hoses hook up to the aft-left bulkhead. The O2 regulator is always connected to the hose port. When you 'strap-in', you simply connect the end of the mask hose (and the comm cord) to the regulator apparatus. The g-suit hose goes directly to the bulkhead port.

Wish I had a clear shot of all this.

Hope this helps,

Tilt

Hey, thanks Tilt..That helps! I get it now..

How is your Big Hornet coming?

Pig

How is your Big Hornet coming?

Not so much!!

With 7 work projects currently on the go....I haven't made it out of my new office in days!! (I knew I should've designed a crapper and bunk closet in here)

Hoping to get caught-up in the next week or two. I was sort of hoping to work on the big Jet while you were. This way we could warn each other of the problem spots and egg each other on to exceed our limits!! :thumbsup:

I'll get there. Your build is driving me on.

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilt, looks like you're wearing that airplane not sitting in it! ;)

Looks good on you though!

;)

As a person of large....uh....stature.....I certainly needed to drop some pounds to go for that ride. Even after doing so, she was a tight fit. As anyone who's gone aloft in an F-18 will tell you, it's not the roomiest ride you'll ever have. Add to that the fact that it was about -25C that day, so I had to wear a 'bunny suit'. Basically a snow suit over top of everything (flightsuit and g-suit). Sorta felt like the 'Michelin Man'. :unsure:

Thankfully I timed my last two rides during the summer......so no extra gear was needed.....was much nicer!!

B)

Tilt

The boys were still wearing the MBU-12/p mask during Op Allied Force.

If you wish, I can email you some detail shots of a Helmet and mask that is exactly like the one's worn.

Cheers,

Tilt

Funny as you mention it: I just noticed that you were wearing an MBU-12 on one occasion and the current CE-mask on another ride. You´re a VERY lucky man with three rides in a Hornet ;)

István

Hey Tilt,

I forgot to ask..Is there a connection for an o2 bailout bottle in the seat? seems like I keep seeing a hose coming off of the seat around the left hip, or am I goofy?

Pig

Hey Tilt,

I forgot to ask..Is there a connection for an o2 bailout bottle in the seat? seems like I keep seeing a hose coming off of the seat around the left hip, or am I goofy?

Pig

The O2 bailout bottle is in the seat.

The oxygen hose doesn't hook in where Tilt says it does (at least from the way I read his post). I may have misunderstood his wording though. The oxygen hose from the helmet plugs into the regulator on the left harness. The regulator is connected to both the bailout bottle and the regular LOX bottle.

As Tilt has pointed out, the G hose is an part of our speed jeans. So you can't display the hose connected unless you have a pilot in the seat. The hose is molded to the speed jeans. Normally the cover for the G connection is a red plastic cap.

That's awesome. I can't believe it rotates as well. Do you rotate it with the proper panel tool? :lol:

The orange is a bit too bright. Ours are more yellow. But when it is stowed you will never realize it.

Alien now agrees with my is regards to the POD. We looked at one on the hanger floor. He never noticed the indentation before.

Hey Tilt,

Pig

The O2 bailout bottle is in the seat.

The oxygen hose doesn't hook in where Tilt says it does (at least from the way I read his post). I may have misunderstood his wording though. The oxygen hose from the helmet plugs into the regulator on the left harness. The regulator is connected to both the bailout bottle and the regular LOX bottle.

As Tilt has pointed out, the G hose is an part of our speed jeans. So you can't display the hose connected unless you have a pilot in the seat. The hose is molded to the speed jeans. Normally the cover for the G connection is a red plastic cap.

Scooby's right.

I forgot that the regulator goes to the seat (so it can feed off the bailout bottle in the event of ejection). Bit of a brain fart.

Pig....the FLIR looks awesome!!! You're really doing a great job with this Hornet.

Cheers,

Tilt

Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Tilt that don't accurately represent him?

Here is what he looks like on a day to day basis. :)

:D

Man!!!! This one's gonna dog me for a while.....isn't it??!!

:cheers:

Tilt

Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Tilt that don't accurately represent him?

Here is what he looks like on a day to day basis. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Man!!!! This one's gonna dog me for a while.....isn't it??!!

:P

Tilt

I have it saved on my work PC, home PC, and Laptop.

So I can post it from wherever I feel like it. :lol:

Pete,

more of the same from me - it's going to be a stunner!

I was really impressed by your chipping technique. Where do you get rub and buff. I know of a few other people who use it for various things - but I have never seen it.

Again - great stuff!

Regards,

--Frank