I've chosen to represent a well-known plane flown by Jean de Selys Longchamps , not an ace like the more known R. Lallemand but a pilot who did something special. It's a way to keep in memory men of our country who fought and died to give us a free land.

Now the progress pics. Unfortunately I've forgotten to take pictures of my cockpit BEFORE gluing the fuselage. :cheers: :)

The cockpit has been built with a mix of KMC, Eduard, Hasegawa and some wiring.

Luc

fifht and last pic for the moment

The central part of the instruments panel are from Eduard the sides are Hasegawa? The side consoles are from the KMC detail set.

More pics to come as model will advance :cheers:

Luc

Sorry for the quality of pics :lol:

Looking very nice. Do you have a pic of the real aircraft?

hello Koen,

Unfortunately, I have never found a pic nor profile of the real plane of Jean de Selys Longchamps, despite hours of research around the internet and a lot of books.

I've got the serial number and code of that specific plane with the huge kindness of poeple from the "Musee Royal de l'Armée et d'Histoire Militaire".

I found pics from differents plane of the 609 sq but noone of the plane Jean de Selys Longchamps used on 1/20/43 for the unauthorized raid again the bld Louise's gestapo office.

Fortunately british planes had standard camos and markings so it's not a too great guess-work. And more fortunately this plane had no special markings like nose arts or something like that according to the informations poeple from the museum gave me, just the standart underwings black-white stripes and the upperwings narrow stripes who were used from 1942 till mid '43.

Thanks for the kind word :lol:

Luc

Looking very nice. Do you have a pic of the real aircraft?

hello Koen,

Unfortunately, I have never found a pic nor profile of the real plane of Jean de Selys Longchamps, despite hours of research around the internet and a lot of books.

I've got the serial number and code of that specific plane with the huge kindness of poeple from the "Musee Royal de l'Armée et d'Histoire Militaire".

I found pics from differents plane of the 609 sq but noone of the plane Jean de Selys Longchamps used on 1/20/43 for the unauthorized raid again the bld Louise's gestapo office.

Fortunately british planes had standard camos and markings so it's not a too great guess-work. And more fortunately this plane had no special markings like nose arts or something like that according to the informations poeple from the museum gave me, just the standart underwings black-white stripes and the upperwings narrow stripes who were used from 1942 till mid '43.

Thanks for the kind word :cheers:

Luc

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to your progress. Your reply also reminds me that I should visit the museum in Brussels again! last time my friend was driving and it took us over an hour to find it though. :lol:

Hello,

Great to see the model you talked about at the Lier convention.

I recall an article on that attack in the Direct/VOX (a military magazine)from the Belgian Army.

I will have a look at my stach of old magazines if I can find it. But,I'm not promissing anything .

:thumbsup:

Luc, the model surely looks great. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to see it finished!

I am also planning my own 1/48 car door Typhoon project... but I until now I thought that Hase does only bubble canopy version...

My Typhoon project will be similar to yours... just in this case it will be Typhoon-The Czech story: Jiri Manak, CzAF, the commander of 198. Sqn RAF of Typhoons ...shot down during the raid over Holland, then POW

Now... could you recommend some good reference sites on car door Typhoons on the net?

I recall an article on that attack in the Direct/VOX (a military magazine)from the Belgian Army.

I will have a look at my stach of old magazines if I can find it. But,I'm not promissing anything .

Hello Luc,

I don't have that magazine anymore. :beer4:

But I've contacted the editors of VOX/Direct to ask if they can send me the article.

If something turn up,I will let you know.

Luc, the model surely looks great. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to see it finished!

I am also planning my own 1/48 car door Typhoon project... but I until now I thought that Hase does only bubble canopy version...

My Typhoon project will be similar to yours... just in this case it will be Typhoon-The Czech story: Jiri Manak, CzAF, the commander of 198. Sqn RAF of Typhoons ...shot down during the raid over Holland, then POW

Now... could you recommend some good reference sites on car door Typhoons on the net?

Hi Jan,

First of all thanks for the kind words

unfortunately I haven't found any interesting website about the Typhoon :( Incredible for a so known plane :wacko:

I've used three books for pics and profiles:

Hawker Typhoon & Tempest Aces WW2 Osprey ACE N°027

Hawker Typhoon WM n°126

Hawker Typhoon-Tempest Squadron-Signal In Action n°102

I have these 3 books in pdf ( readable by Acrobat Reader )

If you want I can send them to you but the size of the files are really bigs ( 3.5mb, 33mb and 14mb) so I'm not sure your mailbox will allow so bigs files. Otherwise they are available on p2p emule or if you have MSN messenger on your pc I can send them to you this way ;)

:cheers:

Luc

I will have a look at my stach of old magazines if I can find it.  But,I'm not promissing anything .

Hello Luc,

I don't have that magazine anymore. :wacko:

But I've contacted the editors of VOX/Direct to ask if they can send me the article.

If something turn up,I will let you know.

:cheers:

Hi Erwin,

thanks for the kind words and your research job ;) It's very friendly from you

Luc

hi

Thanks to all of you for the kind words :cheers:

I'll be back with new pics from my in-progress Typhie monday or tuesday. In fact as soon as I'll get rid with the sanding of the cooling/air front intake. Not really the most funny moment of the construction, believe me :thumbsup:

Luc

• 4 weeks later...