Field stripping a Paasche

Guest David

David...I've had a Paasche H for almost a year and cleaning it couldn't be easier. Take the allen wrench and loosen it to the extent the entire nozzle and tip assembly can be removed. Be careful with that screw because it can disappear in a hurry. Depending on the paint, I'll either let them soak in 70 to 90% alcohol (acrylics) or thinner (if using enamels). A wipe down with a soft cloth should remove virtually any residue on the needle. Stubborn stains can be removed with a very soft toothbrush. I either reessemble or switch to a medium or large doing the reverse of what I described earlier. The H is pretty indestructible and can take a lot of punishment. The little opening on the needle may sometimes need a probe like a toothpick, but no big deal.

All this is when your session has ended. In between colors...I just run alcohol, Windex or thinner through the cup for a minute or so. That Paasche should last you a lifetime with proper care. You are welcome to email me off post if you have other questions. HTH, Ivan. :unsure: