1/144 PLAAF J-8II

hi

well incase anyboby cares, the mig-23 i was working on died...i screwed up the camo and it went thick, to i went to strip it, and the thinner melted parts of the plastic :woo: (its NEVER never done that before)

i decided to start work on the J-8II, which i had been planning for awile, its a moderatly demanding kit, and needs a clean up, buts easy to paint, whcih is what i need now i think!!

the first thing that needs fixing is the intakes, the kits ones are horrid, so i too the intake ramps form the mig-23 and thinned down the intakes to create something that looks a bit closer to the real thing.

the pits nice and big, so ive got lost of room to detail aswell :woo:

its kidna nice working on something u dont see that often!

ppl compare it to the mig-23, but to me it looks a a prettier su-15!!!

hopefully i got a dragon su-27/tornado gr1/academy su-25 arriving tommorow! so that shodul be a bit of a cheer up :cheers:

regards

Raymond

: the origion intake

Well, it's like you come out with a new one every day, so it's hard to keep up. laugh.gif

You've got one helluva system to be cranking out such a volume of tiny kits with such quality as you produce. 377.gif

hahaha, well its abuot right ;)......though every time i come to find my post its 2-3 pages back!!!!! :P jsut seaier to make new ones

guess i have the luckyness of modeling unpopular subjects in unpopular scales :P :thumbsup:

all the best Raymond

Well if there 1/144 J-8 looks that good I can't wait for there 1/72 one...........although I suspect I will manage....just wink.gif

you and me both! :P there sure takign there time, thought we woudl have test shots by now!

Just curious, how long is the model?

id say about 12.5 - 13 cm long

regards

Raymond

Wow! That's pretty small! Especially compared to 1/48 and 1/72nd scale planes!

Keep up the good work, and let us know how it turns out.

Ace

1/144 will do that to you.

Seriously, Raymond, you do some kickass work at this scale. What kind of cockpits do these kits come with? Do you start from scratch or is there something there to work with? Most of what I (try to) build is Arii stuff, and at best I get a little slab with an ejection seat-shaped lump, but the usual is just a flat slab upon which the canopy goes.

Seriously, Raymond, you do some kickass work at this scale. What kind of cockpits do these kits come with? Do you start from scratch or is there something there to work with? Most of what I (try to) build is Arii stuff, and at best I get a little slab with an ejection seat-shaped lump, but the usual is just a flat slab upon which the canopy goes.

thak you for the kind words :unsure:

the kit comes with a "seat +floor" there undersized but a tad nicer than the usuall - nothing!! ive included it below

if u want a 1/144 kit with ausoem cockpit detail get the trumpeter su-34, its basicaly a downsized italeri job, and is verry nice!

99% of the tiem i start form scratch, if it has a tub, i improve that, the seats are never good enough so entirly scratchbuilt and instrumetn panels are never included either!!!!

now if i can get some proper resin, ive made 5 1/144 cocpit parts! which ill gladly pass onto others :rofl:

regards

raymond

I just read through your OP more thoroughly; I was just looking at the pictures before. I'm sorry to hear about your Flogger. I've been in that position before, with the stripper getting at the paint in the already assembled cockpit, or leaving terrible pockmarks in the surface of the plastic.

I just read through your OP more thoroughly; I was just looking at the pictures before. I'm sorry to hear about your Flogger. I've been in that position before, with the stripper getting at the paint in the already assembled cockpit, or leaving terrible pockmarks in the surface of the plastic.

Hi

thanks for that :woo:

yea ts a pain in the butt big-time....but live' n learn i guess :woo:

well ive decided to work on my newly aquired su-25, have a look!

regards

Raymond