MaRiO'S MiG-25 FOXBAT!!!

Sooo I got tired of waiting for the Tomcat Group BUild to start and not build anything at all, so I took out my newest adquisition: Hobbycraft's MiG-25... I knew HobbyCRAP is not that good (it actually sucks) but I was short on cash and it was the first time I've ever seen a MiG-25 on 1/72, so I decided to GO for it....

WHat Have I just gotten myself into?? :woo:

But Hey, I'm not going to NOT build anything till the CAT gb starts, plus I like the MiG-25 a lot, so let's see how far can I take this POS....

First, I had to get the Funky Russian Interior Green Color - The Cockpit has SOME detail for the side panels (and a throttle stick one point for the kit), but are WAAAAAAY TOO SPARTAN.... the Instrument Panel detail is non-existant, and it is undersized (not scale wise, KIT WISE) and there is no decal... in any case, it is out of sight

After I added the Cockpit, I glued the Fuselage Halves together, and added the Fuselage's "Back".... As of this point I've sanded only the left side, yet the seam is MONSTRUOUS....

The radome is not in shape... I mean, come on, that is more than Obvious so One must sand and sand to at least get it in a correct shape (for a Rounded nosed Foxbat... for a Pointier one hahaha you're pretty much doomed man)....

Here's the Fuselage / Back of the Bird's Gap... the one on the bottom has been sanded, but not completely... you can see how bad the seam is (plus it has a step).... then you can see where the tail fins meet the fuselage check out that gap.... Lots of Sheet Styrene for this one...

Yet despite these kit difficulties, I've gone ahead and RESCRIBED somewhat of the kit :woo: I've done the Upper Left wing, the Intake (the one that showed the seam last couple of pics), aand some panels in the nose...

Like I said, let's see how far can I stand with this POS kit... :woo:

Thanks for looking

Take Care

This is the repop of the Hasegawa 1/72 MiG 25 Foxbat (from the pieces you have I can boldly tell)

I haven't seen the Hobbycrap's kit, but the Hasegawa's kit has poor details and raised panel lines (more specific: WRONG raised panel lines). And like you said, lotsa seams for you to practise on.

But overall the shape is accurate. Its a toughie, lotsa filling and sanding, and lotsa rescribing. But it will produce a pretty beautiful Foxbat. A pretty large aircraft too, as big as a flanker.

hey, way to go mario!!!!!!!

that looks like a really bad repop of the hasegawa kit, i woudl tell you about it, but i dont want to get u angry!!! :woo: (just pick it it sometime later)

well look on the positive side: this will help ur constructions skills in the puttying and sanding department :thumbsup:

keep it up, im sure youl get it lookign great!!! :woo:

look foward to follign this :)

regards

Raymond

Oh something I forgot to mention.

The seam at the intakes, Hasegawa did not have that large seam. Theirs is smaller and much manageable.

I am now making a 2-seater out of two of the hase kit. I'll have to make a totally new nose for this one.

Hey Mario, It's looking great despite of it's dubious origins!!

If you get frustrated with it, it looks like a good candidate for a fireworks send-off to the boneyard!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Thomas