1/144 Academy su-25 frogfoot

Hiya

well i jstu wassnt getting into my J-8II, so i decided to start on my su-25 i picked up online

this kit is a gem!!!, its origionaly a hobbycraft kit and is beautyfull!! i thinned down the side walls to scale thickness, and improves the height and the sidepanels of the kit-supplied tub.

something that had been bothering was hwo to replicate panel detail in 1/144......then i came up with this idea!:

grind up soem pencil lead, like u woudl to weather panel lines

then put glue on the panel surfaces

then sprinkle on pencile lead

the particles are small enough not to protrude too much, and give the appearance of buttons!!!!!!! :woo:

so far it looks pretty promising, im goign to add sidewall detail on later, adn am using a jewlers drill to make the instrument panel

more pics to come, im gonna try improve on the mig-29 which soudl be fun! :woo:

regards

Raymond

hiya

well the charcole dust diddnt meet my expictations.......and i wanted to create a "tidy" cockpit that didnt look liek C*rap when viewed close up.

so i scratch built the tub, exept the floor, the control panels are thin plastic card, the base layer (grey) then black squares stuck ontop, which are then painted with a toothpic to simulate buttons.....the wires are thinly sliced plastic........im still workgin on the K-36 and instrument panel,

but am feelign verry happy with the resuls, looks nice and orderly unliek the mig-29 cockpit which is quite messy when viewed up close!!!!

hope you guys like :cheers: i lost my quarter, so a 1 cent will have to do!

regards

Raymond

well i finished the k-36 and the instrument panel

pretty tricky for the sixe, but now the cockpits done!!!! :angry: i tried 5 new techniques in building the cockpit, and im happy with the result. (even if most ppl cant see it! :cheers:)

enjoy the pics :(