Great Bone!

I just love it!

It has been ages now since I last sat at my workbench, but I've just had too many other things to do....plus the fact that my inspiration isn´t at its highest levels....

/Kristian

Wow thanks everybody! ^_^ it was worth the effort in the end and we now have what must be the definitive Revell B-1 thread in the world - with more to come no doubt!

Love the bone man. were did you get the ordinance? That looks sharp. Good job. Just waiting for some more aftermarket goodies to be released....golden dragon.... :banana:

Cheers

Way back on page twenty-mumble-something I posted a couple of pics of the Golden Dragon and Shawn Hull JDAMs which i got hold of - I thoroughly recommend Shawn Hull's stuff, he is also a fast shipper and his prices are great value. The GD stuff wasn't so good, but i suspect it was end of stock at GreatModels.com! The WCMDs were homebuilt from Hasegawa M20 Rockeyes from their Strike Eagle kit.

All the best and keep rolling out those Bones! :thumbsup:

Al

Has anyone thought of putting Working Nav and Strobe lights in their B1s?

I had visions of putting the Pulsating type Green and Red nav lights in My 1/48 using the circuit of one of those Souvenier Flashing LED Button Thingys that you see sold at gas stations or touristy type places,,but I have yet to find one with the Pulse rate I want.

I might go the Model Railroad Circuit route and find a couple circuits from them,,was thinking of hiding the batteries somehoe inside the bomb ordinance.

Just a thought as I have had my 1/48 for a good year now and am only on the Cockpit with Eduard photoetch phase.

This thread is inspirational,,and I hope to get more work done on mine soon

Thanks

Rt4957

I had visions of putting the Pulsating type Green and Red nav lights in My 1/48 using the circuit of one of those Souvenier Flashing LED Button Thingys that you see sold at gas stations or touristy type places,,but I have yet to find one with the Pulse rate I want.

Thanks

Rt4957

Hans from Germany is doing lights on his - the thread is here but he posts on this thread too.

I don't want to discourage you at all, but I don't know any planes where the red/green nav lights flash - they are usually fixed while the red beacon above and below the plane flashes, along with the white strobes.

But I can only speak for passenger planes - perhaps the military do it differently!

Al

I don't want to discourage you at all, but I don't know any planes where the red/green nav lights flash - they are usually fixed while the red beacon above and below the plane flashes, along with the white strobes.

But I can only speak for passenger planes - perhaps the military do it differently!

Al

@Rt4957,

the bone has steady, non-flashing red/green navi-lights at the wing tips and -roots, and directly beside the root navs are white flashing lights in common housing !

Also white flashing light on top of vertical stabilizer.

Hans

:thumbsup:

Edited by jack52

I have a video I made from Nellis AFB that has the Lights Pulsing like what the F15s and F16s have.

I`ll check it again,,but I`m sure the nav lights were pulsing in an on /off manner.

I do want to do the working Strobes,,I figure I`ll have to use a HO Scale model Railroad circuit for that.

Now If I could only get the Paint I just used on the landing gear bays to stop Fisheyeing,,was a real let down.

Thanks for the replys

Phil / Rt4957

I have a video I made from Nellis AFB that has the Lights Pulsing like what the F15s and F16s have.

I`ll check it again,,but I`m sure the nav lights were pulsing in an on /off manner.

I do want to do the working Strobes,,I figure I`ll have to use a HO Scale model Railroad circuit for that.

Now If I could only get the Paint I just used on the landing gear bays to stop Fisheyeing,,was a real let down.

Thanks for the replys

Phil / Rt4957

Do whatever makes you happy, man. It's your model and it only has to please you.

Has anyone thought of putting Working Nav and Strobe lights in their B1s?

I might go the Model Railroad Circuit route and find a couple circuits from them,,was thinking of hiding the batteries somehoe inside the bomb ordinance.

Just a thought as I have had my 1/48 for a good year now and am only on the Cockpit with Eduard photoetch phase.

This thread is inspirational,,and I hope to get more work done on mine soon

Thanks

Rt4957

Hello Rt4957,

as Hans already said the Bone doesn't have pulsating Nav-Lights.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish my B-1B yet allthough I started last year in November :blink:

But here are a few photos and movie of the lights I was able to build into my B-1B till now.

The missing strobes and the other Nav-Lights will be following!

Lets first start with the tail strobe. I am sorry for the bad quality but my mobile biuld in camera isn't good enough. As you will also notice it didn't capture one flash.

http://www.british-militaria.net/bilder/b-1b/MOV00012.wmv

[right click save as]

Landing Light

landing.jpg

In my opionen these are too bright. In Germany they offer two different typs of white SMD leds the one is called cold white ( I am using them) and the other is called warm white ( these are more yellowish).

For the landing lights I would suggest to use the warm white SMD leds.

Left Nav-Light

lnav.jpg

Right Nav-Light

rnav.jpg

Edited by Alway_S
Oh nearly forgot.

My electricity to power the leds is coming through these jacks!

I've installed four of those jackets at position where the cooling air hoses are connected to when the plane is on the ground

:blink: Hi Sven,

na, hast Du auch das grösste bone-forum gefunden ? Schade das es mit Deiner nicht weiter geht.

Gruss, Hans

Oh nearly forgot.

My electricity to power the leds is coming through these jacks!

I've installed four of those jackets at position where the cooling air hoses are connected to when the plane is on the ground

Clever! Good job with that one.

I humbly Apologize

In watching a few videos,,I was wrong

Guess I`ll have to make a F15 with the Pulsing lights

The LED Engine exhaust and Steady Nav lights do look inviting

Again please accept my apology as I was wrong

Phil/Rt4957

Great link Sven !

i'm just downloading, but whats a pity youtube is so slow ... :whistle:

know it isn't, just too much interested users ....

Hans

Edited by jack52

Hi Jed,

I happened to have watched one of the videos before it was removed.

Does anyone happen to know what documentary this was? I am very interested in locating this.

Thanks in advance.

Jed

I have Part I to IV on my hard disc, but when i tried to download parts V and VI all the files had been removed.

Part I shows following infos:

Produced, written and directed by Daphna Rubin

Edited by Nick Anderson

Camera Stephen Cocklin

sry i hadn't no further infos, but maybe it helps a bit.

Cheers, Hans

Edited by jack52
Part I shows following infos:

Produced, written and directed by Daphna Rubin

Edited by Nick Anderson

Camera Stephen Cocklin

sry i hadn't no further infos, but maybe it helps a bit.

Cheers, Hans

Thanks Hans! This gives me a place to start. Whatever I find, I'll post on here for everyone's reference.

FYI....

That video was titled "Doomsday Mission" and was part of a series for Discovery Wings back in about 2001.

It looks as if you could have bought this in a multiple-disc set from the Discovery Channel. There were like 123 episodes in this box set (not all were aviation). It was called the Discovery Channel Collection and actually came in a little wooden crate (kinda neat). It was also very pricey. I have found it online for as cheap as $165. There does seem to be some VERY interesting shows in that box set. Here is the link:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1035721

Hopefully this will give you guys a point of reference to unearth one on the internet. Maybe you could find just that disc "Wings II" that someone would be willing to part with.

JED

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Well, I think I just joined the B-1 club. I am working with another ARC'er on trding for a B-1. Now for the long hours of research ahead! How would you guys rate the Revell kit(1/72)?

Edited by LITTLE BIRD 117