Has anyone tried converting the Monogram B-1B to a B-1A?

I wouldnt want to try it...the landing gear is totally different, along with the spine of the a/c. We have a B-1B at Wings Over the Rockys and I compared quite a few items with the B-1B...its almost like they arent the same air frame.

I wouldnt want to try it...the landing gear is totally different, along with the spine of the a/c. We have a B-1B at Wings Over the Rockys and I compared quite a few items with the B-1B...its almost like they arent the same air frame.

Only one B-1A had that ugly spine. But yeah, the nose, the intakes, the trail wing/fuselage junction, pointy tail - all different, and prettier!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I just started my B1 B.... (accidentaly posted it on Critique corner) but I was looking at photos on Airliners.net and noticed that when parked... its flaps aren't extended. So, so I save myself the time and just put the wings in the model tight? Are the flaps just for show? What is accurate?

Steven

Steven,

this is what I've observed watching the Bones fly combat missions every day for the last two years, the flaps are not extended when parked unless they're having some sort of maintenance performed on them (I've seen the spoilers in the up position much more than I've seen the flaps deployed while parked). They lower the flaps a little for takeoff when they do engine startup prior to taxiing, then most of the way down for landing (and still come in like a missile).

Ron

Steven,

this is what I've observed watching the Bones fly combat missions every day for the last two years, the flaps are not extended when parked unless they're having some sort of maintenance performed on them (I've seen the spoilers in the up position much more than I've seen the flaps deployed while parked). They lower the flaps a little for takeoff when they do engine startup prior to taxiing, then most of the way down for landing (and still come in like a missile).

Ron

I forgot to add that the Bones here are now flying with the Sniper pod mounted underneath the fuselage.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to add that the Bones here are now flying with the Sniper pod mounted underneath the fuselage.

You have any information on where the pod would be mounted? Are there different types of sniper pods the bone can carry?

On a side note, I just got some Towed Array Decoy sets and 10 CBU's for my bone from Shull24, and they look outstanding! I see me putting this bird together finally after I get done with my A&P certifications.

Hi Guys,

A lot of great help here. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 1/48 Revell B-1B via eBay. Any suggestions for sources on the "Bone" as I start my research?

Mike

This thread has enough resources to do whatever you want to your bone. Believe me...I got a LOT of ideas on what I want to do with this model.

A few sites you might wanna check out for some highly detailed parts would be:

www.eduard.cz (has some photo etched brass parts for everything, including photo etched exhaust nozzles)

www.shull24.com for some optional or additional payloads and some AN/APG towed array decoys

airliners.net for some good paint schemes or mock-ups

Definately research this thread...lots of info here.

Definitely check out this thread. At around page 20 or so, there's a picture of a BEAUTIFUL rotary launcher for JDAMs.

OH, regarding the Sniper Pod, does this mean that the B-1B will be cleared to drop GBU-10, -12, -24, etc now? Cuz that would be a great way to fill up those rotary launchers!

I'm gonna have to grab myself a Sniper Pod.

From the pictures I found on the internet, seems like the B-1B is using a pylon similar to those on F-15's and A-10s.

Edited by stealthy1

Hey guys,

Can you help me out with a question regarding the Revell 1/48 B-1B. I bought an older version off ebay that is model number 4725. The moldings are white and the picture on the front of the box is different than others I have seen. The apparently newer version is model number 04560 and the moldings look to be gray. Is there any difference between the 2 kits? Are they both B-1B? I have read that originally it was released as a B-1A?

Thanks, Mike

Hey guys,

Can you help me out with a question regarding the Revell 1/48 B-1B. I bought an older version off ebay that is model number 4725. The moldings are white and the picture on the front of the box is different than others I have seen. The apparently newer version is model number 04560 and the moldings look to be gray. Is there any difference between the 2 kits? Are they both B-1B? I have read that originally it was released as a B-1A?

Thanks, Mike

Can you post a link to what you have? I think you have the SAC B-1B...the white bomber with the Red White and Blue camo scheme by your description...and if thats so, I cant tell you because Ive never owned this kit.
I finished mine. OOB. It's not the best but the guys at work think it rocks. :touche:

P1120188.jpg

P1120210.jpg

P1120248.jpg

P1120249.jpg

Frankly I had to get it out of the house. I was about to build it a room of it's own, so I slapped some Gunship Grey on it and got out the old fishing line!

Enjoy comments welcome.

I love it!!!!

I love how you have the wings swept back and in-flight. Looks like a butt-kickin coming for someone!

Thanks for sharing.

Joel

I have been sitting on a 1:48 BONE kit for a few years now and have finally decided to put it together. Only problem is the instructions have gone missing. Would anyone happen to have a legible scanned copy of them that they would be willing to email me?

Thanks. Great site by the way, just found it the other day.