It's been a while since I've done any B-1B research. The kit is still safely stored awaiting my procrastination to end.

Anyhow, can someone tell me how wide are the No Step lines on the wings are in 1/48th scale? And what FS color they should be? I have the old Revell kit, not the newer RoG boxing, so I don't have those decals. I'm thinking about painting the base color and then masking them while I paint Gunship Grey over the rest of the wing.

TIA

VF-x

i new it was going to be big but wasn't prepared for just how big the box is when it was delivered today, the main fuselage piece is the size of my 1/72 Vulcan and that's not a small plane, looking forward to starting this, haven't a clue where i'll put it but have other builds to finish first. excellent thread with lot of ideas

Peter

Try not to necropost.

I researched this thread for 6 months before asking my question. Dont flame me because you cant dredge up the motivation to research something posted a few pages ago. Anyways, good luck with your build.

Edited by utley

For anyone doing a 1:48 B-1B.... I have a Cutting Edge decal sheet ' Painted Bones Part 3'. I have used the sharkmouth Kansas ANG But the other two A/C options are intact. If anyone is interested in this PM me, i'd be willing to trade for some other decals.

ced48178reviewbg_1.jpg

cheers,

Mat.

• 4 months later...

G'Day all,

I found this post buried back in the pages and have found it extremely useful but have a few questions to help me along with my 1-72 monogram Bone. I am using a very early Monogram boxing of this kit(Dk Green plastic) and am going through the motions of updating it as best I can. I am using Fox One decals and am curious if Bones normally have walkway lines painted on top of the wing in the form of a solid Black/Grey etc line? or is it just the standard text 'walkway' using an existing panel line or something to that effect?

Cheers

Cairnsy

I know little Mikey Reeves from Twomikes is coming out with some B-1 stuff here shortly. I'll leave the specifics to him to announce but I know he has stuff coming.

We also have stuff coming courtesy of Michael Nguyen who is a maintainer at Ellsworth. Provided us refs on some nose art that hasn't been done yet. We're kicking this guy out at the Nats in both scales. The Seek And Destroy jet is a carryover from a previous release (Saddam's son jet) but the rest are all new.

48-204F.jpg

48-204B.jpg

48-204.jpg

48-204Insert.jpg

G'Day all, A few quick bone questions. Is the towed target decoy system made up of only the 2 fairings on the side of the tail? Is there one underneath the tail as I think I may have seen a few pics with a fairing in this location is this part of the same system or a different item? also if any one has good photos or dimensions of the fairings I would greatly appreciate them at the moment the plan is to use the nose of a tornado JP233 pod as it looks roughly th right shape and size has anyone tried this before? Also what GSE might you expect to be parked around the Bone when it is parked do they use -60's or air con carts etc (any thing included in Hasegawa's set?) And also I intend to display a bomb trailer beside the Jet with 3 JDAM( more if I can get them) any pics of the applicable trailers?

Cheers All

Cairnsy

G'Day all, A few quick bone questions. Is the towed target decoy system made up of only the 2 fairings on the side of the tail? Is there one underneath the tail as I think I may have seen a few pics with a fairing in this location is this part of the same system or a different item? also if any one has good photos or dimensions of the fairings I would greatly appreciate them at the moment the plan is to use the nose of a tornado JP233 pod as it looks roughly th right shape and size has anyone tried this before? Also what GSE might you expect to be parked around the Bone when it is parked do they use -60's or air con carts etc (any thing included in Hasegawa's set?) And also I intend to display a bomb trailer beside the Jet with 3 JDAM( more if I can get them) any pics of the applicable trailers?

Cheers All

Cairnsy

Cairnsy, get the Daco publications book, it will answer all your questions.

The fairing under the tail is not a decoy, it's part of the defensive avionics system. It's a truncated diamond shape with a distinctive kink in cross section.:

60.jpg53.jpg

I guesstimated the dimensions from the pictures in the Daco book.

Did i mention you should buy the Daco book? :deadhorse1:

• 3 weeks later...
I know little Mikey Reeves from Twomikes is coming out with some B-1 stuff here shortly. I\'ll leave the specifics to him to announce but I know he has stuff comingWe also have stuff coming courtesy of Michael Nguyen who is a maintainer at Ellsworth. Provided us refs on some nose art that hasn\'t been done yet. We\'re kicking this guy out at the Nats in both scales. The Seek And Destroy jet is a carryover from a previous release (Saddam\'s son jet) but the rest are all new.

I really hate to give up secrets and all, but I noticed on your B-1B sheet, you have a Two Mikes bomb bay set. Anyways, just noticing :whistle:

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan
bomb bay for 1/72 kits?

Man I wish two mikes would put out at least a few items for the 1/72 bone. Bombays, towed decoys, the fairing on the underside of the tail, maybe a sniper pod pylon..... That would be sweet!!!! Maybe they will consider? Two mikes any comment?

Hi guys,

just bougth a B-1 from ebay yestarday, I was really happy that I have found one. I just wonder where could I get the twobos decal sheet 48-058 B-1B Seek and Destroy - it's already sold out ;)(( Or are there any 1/48 scale aftermarket decals for the BONE ?

thanks david