Wow, I didn't know that set was that expensive...

yeah it is...kinda feel cheated. the metal is extremely soft and some details were lost in the molding. good news is that its more forgiving than the plastic, and the strut pistons need to only be polished for that nice steel metallic shine. ill be working on them for the next few weeks to see how they turn out.

that looks outstanding, i cant wait till i start on mine again...got a new compressor for my air brush snd wont see it till tuesday, and i want to wait till the new bomb bays come out. ill start my spare part b-1b this week to learn how to use this air brush.

did you use a charcoal pencil for weatherin?

that looks outstanding, i cant wait till i start on mine again...got a new compressor for my air brush snd wont see it till tuesday, and i want to wait till the new bomb bays come out. ill start my spare part b-1b this week to learn how to use this air brush.

did you use a charcoal pencil for weatherin?

Thanks Utley.

I used pastels and brushed them on. Mainly black and white, but I did add some different grays in areas.

Cheers

That turned out great Rob! Thanks for posting the pics. Nice work with exhaust cans.

I'm still working on the join for the lower fuselage and the nose. There was a pretty serious warp, so fit is not awesome on the left side.

That turned out great Rob! Thanks for posting the pics. Nice work with exhaust cans.

I'm still working on the join for the lower fuselage and the nose. There was a pretty serious warp, so fit is not awesome on the left side.

Thats the side I had the problem with.

Have fun

Looks great Rob. What did you use for the wing sweep blankets? Very good looking....I like that B-24 next to it, shows how much bigger the Lancer is. Now, can I ship you some Eduard exhaust cans to assemble? Lol

There hasn't been a lot of progress on mine, mostly working on eliminating the seam from the nose to fuselage join. What a pain, I think I have it gone, hit it with a little primer and I can still see it! Pics are below, old camera so you might not see it.

3eb974c9.jpg

0e194300.jpg

659c249d.jpg

ed0d2613.jpg

Getting there slowly....

Edited by Brett M
Carefull. He's isn't the only ones that'll arrive at your doorstep!

i would have asked too, but i just got 2 sets of ce nozzles...ill start mine tomorrow. gonna finally see if i can partially combine eduards and ce together. hope efully ill have pics this weekend.

sorry bout the resolution cant find my camera cord so its off the cell phone. the eduard nozzles were designed in the full open position while the ce cans were made partially open, so the fit wasnt there. was just able to use the actuator rods only.

Photo0013.jpg

Edited by utley

I was wondering if Revell fixed the issues with the engine intake fitting on the rerelease? I spent hours trying to get them to fit and look right. I had a 1/48 still in construction that was destroyed during a move and need to buy another kit. I still have the CE exhaust cans tho. Glad they werent lost! :rolleyes:

afaik they are the same.

got all 4 done today, air brushed these with alclad jet exhaust and a lighter coat of titanium silver so they came out perfectly.

Photo0014.jpg

I just got a 1/48 B-1B so a quick tour of this thread was must. Glad some old photographs are still up because they sure will help in my build. :soapbox:

Mike

i was fortunate to save and print some others details of the landing gear bays, ill try to scan em and repost soon.

Guys, after a long absence, I'm back. Glad to see the thread is still going strong.

I understand that photo posting has been changed, so once I figure out photobucket, I will attempt to repost my photos of my build. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to start up my build again at the moment, but hope to get at is sometime soon. A lot has changed with suppliers, parts and resources for the 1/48 B1-B kit, many of which I'm probably not familiar with, so I'll have to update myself. In the mean time, I'll follow this thread and participate as much as I can.

Mark

Edited by Mark Lynam

Here's my overly late reply and update on how my B-1 is doing. The horizontal stabilizers are complete, painted and decals on. I painted the walk ways since I used the decal ones for the wings. I think they look well. I've gotten rid of most of the seams, things are looking well. I did a bunch of sanding and polishing on the cockpit windows, smoothed them flush with the fuselage. No Future so far, just polish polish.

Thanks for looking.

1e76262e.jpg

05c85842.jpg

29748c3a.jpg

7e1a5792.jpg

57aa2ab7.jpg

450817ec.jpg

1ebff68e.jpg

im going to try my hand at a fictional tigermeet paint job on the vert stab, but for today i got the vortex generators put on, the towed array decoys installed, and all primed...had a little bit of a run so ill have to sand it out before i try my luck.

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg