Hey Justicebringer,

i don't have a scanner, but if you pm me your postal addy i'll send you a photo-copy.

hans

I have been sitting on a 1:48 BONE kit for a few years now and have finally decided to put it together. Only problem is the instructions have gone missing. Would anyone happen to have a legible scanned copy of them that they would be willing to email me?

Thanks. Great site by the way, just found it the other day.

"Um... is your shop under an Indian bar?"

LOL! That may be one of the strangest questions I have ever been asked! My shop is not under an Indian bar. My shop is the Repair and Reclamation ( R&R, Aero Repair, AR, Wheel and Tire) shop on Moffett Field. Why does it look like an Indian bar?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone do any photoetched work?

I would like to make an offer...my hands are just too shaky and I cant get my exhaust nozzles straight or in round. I would be willing to pay a few bucks to have these nozzles done:

Eduard Exhaust Nozzles B-1B

I tried 2 nozzles...the first one, the turkey feathers are all over the place and I cant bend them back into place. I dont want to work harden the metal and break them apart, and seeing this may be cheaper to have someone put them together for me...any takers? Ill pay for the material and for your time. I would rather have the CE nozzles, but those are pretty rare nowadays. Ill post a pic of what I have if needed. I have 2 untouched nozzles, and 2 nozzles started.

Edited by utley
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, last week I purchased a 1/72 scale B-1B and now I am gathering info about detail sets. I know I will have to scratch-build many parts of the kit, specially the bomb bays and the cabin but no way I can scratch-built the exhaust nozzles. I was wondering if you know of any shop still selling the Cutting Edge resin set for the 1/72 kit...

Also I read that the DACO Publications book about the B-1B is a great photo source, do you know where can I find this book?

Regards from Spain.

Can't you use the F-15 nozzles like Aires? Same engine type, no?

Im not sure if they would actually fit. The F-15's engine is the F-100 while the B-1B uses four F-101 engines. They are quite similar but I would have to check specifications to see if they have the same diameter. I think the F-16 uses a F-101 too but I dont think there is any resin kit for a 1/72 scale F-16 without the "turkey feathers" on.

Anybody arround here have the Aires F-15 exhaust nozzles for a 1/72 scale kit? It would be great to have diameters checked before buying anything ;)

Tricose, thanks for the tip I already saw that cokpit set, its great but its more expensive than the plastic kit itself, ill rather scratch build my cockpit with the help of that great DACO pub. book :thumbsup:

Checking some websites I have discovered than the F-15's engine and the B-1B's are not even from the same manofacturer. The F-15 uses two Pratt & Whitney F-100 engines and the B-1B uses four F101 General Electric engines. They look similar but F-15's engine is quite smaller, like 20cm less diameter thank the GE F101. Actually only the B-1B mounts the GE F101 engine so im stuck with the plastic kit nozzles.

I should have checked this before buying the 1/72 scale kit, now there is nothing I can do about it except praying to find the Cutting Edge resin kit :doh:

Checking some websites I have discovered than the F-15's engine and the B-1B's are not even from the same manofacturer. The F-15 uses two Pratt & Whitney F-100 engines and the B-1B uses four F101 General Electric engines. They look similar but F-15's engine is quite smaller, like 20cm less diameter thank the GE F101. Actually only the B-1B mounts the GE F101 engine so im stuck with the plastic kit nozzles.

I should have checked this before buying the 1/72 scale kit, now there is nothing I can do about it except praying to find the Cutting Edge resin kit :doh:

Dani,

What some people did (before the Cutting Edge nozzles were available) was to use 1/48 scale aftermarket "featherless" F-15 engines on the 1/72 scale B-1. In terms of size they're a pretty good match, and while they are not exactly the same appearance wise, they're close enough to get the effect that most modelers are looking for.

Regards,

Murph