I am interested in the GB ... depending on the rules; and the likelyhood (sp?) that I will not be finisshing mine for quite a while.

- Matt

-I like the idear for a GB, maybe we need a 12 month lead in on it ? Just to get all other projects finalised ?

I guess...been looking for these for a few years now, and when they were being sold on Meteor, they were close to 30 bucks. Im not gonna complain though, I got em, and I can finally restart building my B-1.

question ...has anyone saved pics of the detailed landing gears, lg bays and rotary launchers that were posted earlier in this thread? i have made actual photos but i dont have them available anymore...lg bays i refer to had the dump valves and plumbing installed.

Edited by utley

utley,

This GB idea won't happen for a while so don't sweat it. I still have to pick up my B-1 from the guy I bought it from, and he lives 2 1/2 hours from me.

The other reason I want to wait for a while is to get everybody ready for it, plus I still want to pick up some aftermarket goodies for the B-1 (that will take some time)

It looks like it might be a "Ground Based Swing Wing" GB. We'll see what happens,

Cheers, Ian

I'm in for a group build....Just joined the forum, and my kids bought me the 1/48 B1-B for Christmas. I also purchased the Eduard Exhaust and detail photo etch kits. Now I'm looking for better weapons.

Cheers

You can try shull24.com for some weaps, I can vouch for his good quality stuff. You should also check out his other stuff for the B-1B (I have his towed array blisters), and they are all pretty detailed. As for the Eduard exhaust, if you have good skills with working photo etched parts, thats the set I would go...unfortunately I cant do my set, these have to be the hardest thing to do EVER. Im going to combine my CE exhaust nozzles with my eduard set and make it look PIMP! <_< Now all I have to do is find a new airbrush and compressor.

You can try shull24.com for some weaps, I can vouch for his good quality stuff. You should also check out his other stuff for the B-1B (I have his towed array blisters), and they are all pretty detailed. As for the Eduard exhaust, if you have good skills with working photo etched parts, thats the set I would go...unfortunately I cant do my set, these have to be the hardest thing to do EVER. Im going to combine my CE exhaust nozzles with my eduard set and make it look PIMP! :thumbsup: Now all I have to do is find a new airbrush and compressor.

Thanks Utley. Shull24.com is shut down for a while. Maybe back up by February. I'll try back then. Lot's to do before then anyhow..... your exhaust can idea sound interesting. Post some pics when you get a chance

Cheers

And lots of us are waiting to finish on TwoMikes' resin stuff before that final push to the end.

what resin stuff? im getting all kinds of new goodies this year for the b-1b...squadron is selling the 1/48 scale all metal landing gear now, i have 2 sets of ce exhaust nozzles, and now what else can i hope to get? seriously im getting wood now.

• 2 weeks later...
I know they're doing at least bomb bays and rotary launchers. I think I heard they were doing a cockpit too?

they been at that for a while...are they ever going to finish?

My B-1 is coming along. Wings, Stab, and Tail section are primed and ready for paint. Bomb bays are complete less stores. I want JDAMs and the kit came with SRAMs......Why SRAMs? Gear wells are almost complete. Need to add a few more details. Cockpits have been started.

100124StartingAssembly001.jpg

100124StartingAssembly002.jpg

100124StartingAssembly004.jpg

100124StartingAssembly003.jpg

100124StartingAssembly007.jpg

100124StartingAssembly005.jpg

100124StartingAssembly006.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Edited by Rob Byrnes