Just finished 2 days ago

Hi folks,

Just done these 2 this week. The Superbug is the Italeri kit with 2Bobs decals and Eduard PE for the Cockpit (not very good with this stuff), Aeroclub seats and some plastic strip/card details. The Sea Harrier is the Matchbox kit with again an Aeroclub seat, ESCI kit decals for a triple-kill plane from the South Atlantic 1982, plastic strip intake vent doors and the rest is OOB.

Let me know what ye think, critical comments welcome :cheers:

Cheers,

Roy

p.s. Happy New Year from Ireland

(or after 12 o'clock and several beverages..........

HAPPY YOU NEAR!!!!!! :( )

:cheers: THe hornet looks sweeeet. How bad was the build? Is it as bad as they have claimed? Oh yeah the Harrier looks great too. Work on some better pics of the Harrier, I for one would like to see more.

Jack aka BUGFAN

The build was okay, I bought the italeri kit before the hasegawa came out. BTW, I still haven't seen one here in Ireland yet... anyway, I figured that the Hasegawa WOULD NOT include decals for VFA-41 on the Nimitz....hmmmm.... so I spent almost the price of the kit again on 2Bobs decals, hmmmm...., I trimmed the underside of the wings a bit, eliminated any need for filler bar a smudge on the upper wing roots, the underside was bad but nothing that a good filing and filling couldn't sort out, the worst bit for me was the intakes, but again, patience and filler and nail varnish remover and filler and filing and sanding sandpaper wrapped around a file and ...... :cheers: !

The canopy wont fit well closed, and wont fit at all open, but as I trimmed a bit off front and back, I can't entirely blame the kit as I may have gone a bit too far. I would recommend this kit, but then I haven't seen the Hasegawa one, but at 14 Euros, it's hard to complain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...