Thanks for the comments :D

This is the first ever 1/48 model that I've ever seriously tried to build (there was one failed attempt in my youth, and I'm looking into fixing that one up) so I hope it does me SOME justice!

I'm not at all happy with the way that canopy fits... I wish there was something more I could do for it.

I'm working on that exact same R/M kit as well (albeit keeping it as a Delta 'cat and using the low-vis squadron markings provided with it) and the earlier F-14A kit, which ironically is also being decked out in Jolly Rogers colors, albeit VF-84 instead of VF-103. Interestingly though, both R/M 1/48th Cats appear to be the same kit, give or take a few extra parts and with different boxes, decals, and instructions updated as nessicary. I look forward to seeing your 'Bones Bird', and wish you luck with this beast of a kit.

PS, just FYI, the main landing gear on this kit can be quite tricky to build. It's best to keep ALL weight off of it until the glue has THOROUGHLY dried.

That bird looks great. I don't care what people say about Revellogram kits.They CAN be made into beautiful pieces. The contours are correct. The cockpit is well detailed and aside from the intakes, it isn't a hard kit to put together.

PS, just FYI, the main landing gear on this kit can be quite tricky to build. It's best to keep ALL weight off of it until the glue has THOROUGHLY dried.

I'm building it as an "in-flight" model, so that's not a real concern for me :thumbsup:

thanks for the comments, guys!

ok, a little more done.... All that's left is to finish the canopy and windscreen, fill up the gear bays, mount the weapons and mount the drop tanks!

Most of the decals are mounted and I've yet to have any problems with them.

Did a little more work this afternoon... finished up the windscreen and mounted it. I'm doing a little more work sealing up the canopy, it's a horrible fit. Tailfins and phoenix pallets/bombracks are mounted now.

LOL, thanks guys...

no, the panel-lines aren't rescribed, I merely went over them with a Micron pen before I laid down the paint, which brought them out.

All that's really left is to mount the weapons and droptanks (waiting to see Darren on the Superbowl Weekend for those), mount the new TACAN antenna and to close up the gear bays (still looking for a good method for this)

As soon as I finish my work on the ****-poor canopy, I'll apply the few remaining decals. Then it'll be ready for a coat of future and then a good flat coat!

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been made and some of the gear doors have been mounted, although I'm going to make an all-new template for the nose gearbay, since Darren's custom door doesn't match up at all very well with the opposing door from the kit, I'll just add Darren's to a custom template and slide it on over a piece of styrofoam that will be filling up the bay.

I've added some weathering of raw-umber over the fuselage. This technique was handed down to me from John/"Kstater94", who learned it from Darren Roberts (Darren, I hope I haven't embarassed your technique!) please tell me what you guys think, I think it makes the 'cat look as if it's been heavily worn.

B) DAMMIT!!! I wasnt going to do a Jolly Rogers for the group build, but your rendition makes my want to!!! Sheeeez, if I do that, it will be 4 KITTYS that I have to build.

NICE LOOKING SIR!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN