• 3 weeks later...

I SOOOOO should've taken care of this before I made it this far.... :bandhead2:

I'm in the process of closing up the forward gear bay. The bay itself is blocked off and ready for a door... and now I'm in the process of scratcbuilding a new one (the first time I've ever attempted such a thing)

• 3 weeks later...

Doors are all mounted. Just waiting for pylons, droptanks, and pitot tubes :cheers: I also went back and re-sanded and painted the nose. I wasn't happy with the seam (as if I were happy with ANY of the fuselage seams), so that came out much nicer.

Edited by Skull Leader

well i must salute any1 whos built a revell F14 cos it was the first 1/48 F14 i built and it was a bit of a nightmare. The seams where nose and body join (near intakes) are awful, then there is the poor fitting air intakes section which leaves seam, poor fitting cockpit and decals that looked really BAD! the sheet was yellowed and they wouldnt come of it and when they did several tore or silvered.

Unfortunately i have another one to build as i decided to take an academy f14A and swap parts with a revell kit to change academy to D and revell D to A. The academy kit is a dream in comparison. And now ive got myself a Hasegawa F14D and all i can say is wow lot of detail, amazing kit.

oh btw this shows how the back end of my revell kit turned out, anyway good luck guys

Edited by F14SRCOOL
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, this thing is nearly done! All I really have left to do is to mount the various antennas and pitot tubes. I'm in the air (pardon the terrible pun) on whether or not to add some ground ordinance. I don't think I'll be mounting sidewinders, of course I can still change my mind.

I know the windscreen is inaccurate (It should have the internal independent-screen Sparrowhawk HUD system, instead of the windscreen-HUD), but I don't have the energy or will to change it... consider it my bit of artistic license... I think it looks more cool that way anyhow!

well i must salute any1 whos built a revell F14 cos it was the first 1/48 F14 i built and it was a bit of a nightmare. The seams where nose and body join (near intakes) are awful, then there is the poor fitting air intakes section which leaves seam, poor fitting cockpit and decals that looked really BAD! the sheet was yellowed and they wouldnt come of it and when they did several tore or silvered.

Unfortunately i have another one to build as i decided to take an academy f14A and swap parts with a revell kit to change academy to D and revell D to A. The academy kit is a dream in comparison. And now ive got myself a Hasegawa F14D and all i can say is wow lot of detail, amazing kit.

oh btw this shows how the back end of my revell kit turned out, anyway good luck guys

I have that EXACT Revellogram F-14D kit! It's gonna be one of my two 1/48th entries for this build, even the same squadron as you showed there, low-vis VF-124 Gunfighters, only I'm gonna be using the Black Box Bombcat kit on it instead of building it stock from the kit.

Cool inflight display! Congrats! I know t he kit, this was my first Tomcat ever and I must say it IS a challenge and you did a good job! Inflight-display...hm...gotta build one, those start to fascinate me! :lol:

István

• 3 months later...

My third submission (which was actually my first) is done. I've got droptanks for it, but the Vegabond stripes don't fit them... they will have to be modified. Here's the completed product!