Lindberg 1/48 F11F Tiger

Here's my just about complete F11F. I need to add FOD covers and finish the panel lines on the bottom. The cockpit is scratchbuilt and all corrections have been made to the fuselage, wings, tail, etc. The landing gear is scratchbuilt and the wheel bays are from the Aries F-104 set. Inaccurate? Yup. Do they look close enough? Yup :thumbsup: The panel lines were done with a .005 Micron pen. I still would like to see a decent 1/48 F11F Tiger, though.

F11F_02.jpg

F11F_05.jpg

Very impressive, Darren. Can't say I've seen Lindberg's Tiger kit specifically, but if it's anything like their 1/72 Hs-129 that I built once- you're a modelling genius :thumbsup: Which decals did you use?

Tell us more about the panel line technique; what kind of pen did you use, and what did you use as a guide to draw along? Did you apply the lines to the glossed model or after its flat finish?

Damn Darren, you turned garbage into gold!

I really like the effort you put in to that kit!

Did you print the decals? Do tell, because now I want to build a Tiger!

Take care,

Thomas

:thumbsup:

I do not use the worship emoticon much but you have done a most magnifient job on that old and very basic kit. Tell me more please!!!

I agree, give me a good IM 1:48 Tiger kit and I will be a happy camper!

:cheers:

MikeJ

OK, That's it!

I've had that kit, detail and scale book, FPOTW book, D&S drawings, and the Gil Hodges Finescale Modeler article for 5 years and now the kits are flyin' all over the room with me tryin' to get to that kit. Thanks alot !

It looks great and as soon as I get back from Spain I am gonna take a crack at it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pete Hamann

Looks great Darren! :thumbsup: How did you lengthen the nose?... because if I'm not mistaken, isn't the Lindberg kit the early short-nosed Tiger variant?

Kind of surprised you didn't put it into B.A. #5 markings like the one at the museum! :cheers:

I still would like to see a decent 1/48 F11F Tiger, though

Darren,

It would take much more than just a "decent" kit to match this effort! What an outstanding model! Having embarked on that project many years ago (still in a box somewhere) I know how much you have accomplished here. Bravo, sir!

Hand salute......two!

Tom

(who was lucky enough to have been in the last class to fly the Tiger in advanced training)

Thanks for all the comments. I'll take some smaller pictures. It's kind of hard to see the whole model with those big pictures. The funny thing is that in the pictures, the decals look horrible, yet they aren't bad on the actual model. I'll see if I can't write something up for Steve.

Darren,

The old Lindberg looks great.As Rusty said,they had a feature in the December SAMI mag. and said to myself how a Tiger would look great in my collection.

After seeing your fine work ,I REALLY must have one !!!!

Surprising how no mainstream manufac. has put something decent out in 1/48 ,a terrible same indeed :worship:

Sincerely;

Paul T :worship: