painting little dots

Guest turok_t

Guest turok_t

hey guys, my plane has all these tiny dots on them, and i want to paint them silver, but everytime i try it, i get it everywhere.. i tried drybrushing but it didn;t work.. i also tried getting a flat surface and putting a thin lauer of paint on it and stamping it on, but since the dots are really shallow, it gets on the surface... suggestions?!

dots? may be rivets? they look like dots.. =)

well.. I think it is not the best idea to simulate them using a toothpick

actually dry-brushing works fine for me in such cases (if those "rivets are raised)

carefull, slow, really dry-brushing

They don't have to be "painted", just give them a little touch with dry silver.. and you will see that they will shy from different angles. That's all you need.

Happy modelling!

I read an article using acetate as a template/frisket for painjting rivets. You measure out the pattern on the acetate then drill out the wholes with a pin vice ot punch them out with a pin depending on the size. You then hold the acetate farther or nearer to the plane (depending on how sharp you want the out line of the dots to be) and airbrush using a low PSI. Itis supposed to work great for rivets and I would imagine it would work for any kind of dot or spotted paint patterns.