Fw190D-9 - Hasegawa 1/32

Today's step :

Camouflage scheme (RLM82/83) on fuselage...

I still need to apply post-shading on it and to do a few fixes here and there to improve camouflage look...

190D9-61.jpg

I was really afraid to spoil the whole beast (it is my first german camo) but I think that result is not too bad...

Thanks Guys :o

Here is another step :

- mottling improvment (I think) : I did add a few spots/stains behind cockpit and near RV band), some quite sharp and a few other very fuzzy and soft. All this to try to reproduce the camo scheme shown on the two pics existing from this plane : http://www.rlm.at/galerie/23/gal23_012.jpg . Difficult to see well on this pic, both pics are included in book 'Green Hearts - First in combat with the Dora 9' and one of those on decal sheet EC#60 from EagleCals. You can see a similar reproduction on wonderful D-9 from Chris Wauchop (http://hsfeatures.com/fw190d932cw_2.htm), whose skill I think is totally unreachable (at least by me).

- Improvment of post-shading on fuselage camouflage, mostly on nose area.

- Improvment (decrease) of post-shading on right wing flap (RLM 83).

- Reich Defense (RV) bands were added. Strange optical effect, the white one seems wider. They have the same width.

And one single pic from right side, to change a bit :

190D9-62.jpg

BlackDog,

That Dora is becoming more and more realistic!

I hope you've already read this article by Chris Wauchop. It's just the sample from Osprey's book on modelling the Bf-110.

But I still have questions on post-shading method :( :

As I understand - I take my Aztek and "thin line nozzle" and heavilly thin the black and brown paints and then just airbrush along the panel lines, right? But should I use another paint mix for, so to say, oil streaks and other "lines" :wacko:, which are not panel lines? How can the look of faded colour be obtained?

Hope it's alright to ask this questions in this topic B)

But I still have questions on post-shading method :worship: :

As I understand - I take my Aztek and "thin line nozzle" and heavilly thin the black and brown paints and then just airbrush along the panel lines, right? But should I use another paint mix for, so to say, oil streaks and other "lines" :wacko:, which are not panel lines? How can the look of faded colour be obtained?

Hope it's alright to ask this questions in this topic B)

Arseny,

yes it is alright to post questions here :(

About different weathering effects : I am trying to list the types here : line shading, panel shading (fading), exhaust stains, oil streaks/stains, gun exhaust stains, mud/dirt,etc... here are my own methods for each effect :

- line shading : as you said, heavily thinned brwon/black (i am using Tamiya Smoke most of the time), and/or dark brown oil wash

- panel shading (fading) : base color of the panel with 5-15% white (or yellow for green colors), very heavily thinned, sprayed from the center of the panel

- exhaust stains : color depends on aircraft/engine, you need good info about it (could be black, dark brown, tan, grey, nearly white, rusty red, or a mix of those) : color heavily thinned, airbrushed

- oil streaks : dark grey/brown/black paint, drawn with a brush

- oil stains : dark grey/brown/black paint (oil or enamel), heavily thinned, applied on flat/dull varnish coat (so to create circular stains)

- gun exhaust stains : same as exhaust stains

- mud/dirt : pigment powder or pastel powder, brushed

Hope it helps,

Chris