Here are a few shots of Ripper 211. It's the Revell/Monogram F-14A converted to a B and is now on it's way to the former PAO of VF-11 Red Rippers. This is number 2 of 10 for the squadron. I was quite happy with the way it turned out. I know I've said it before, but I LOVE the R/M kit!

F14-02.jpg

F14-03.jpg

F14-05.jpg

F14-07.jpg

:thumbsup: Very nice base!!!! Post more details about it please. And I too agree, the RM tomcat isnt that bad at all. But damn you build FAST, 5 days!! Way to go!! And another thing, I really like that F11F you posted the other day, SWEEEET!!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Darren,

Another Brilliant masterpiece from the Revell kit. I am becoming a fan of your work. especially the Tomcats. Don't worry about the fact that it seems to be the only thing you build, because I'm not complaining and others would agree as well. By the way, is this one fully rescribed? And if so how difficult and time consuming is the process?

Cheers,

Guenther

Thanks for the compliments, guys. The base is actually the 1/48 Verlinden card stock base. I believe it's under the Custom Dioramics name. It really looks good. I was fortunate enough to come across one and picked it up. I didn't scribe the panel lines on this one at all. I've found that I can get decent panel lines by running a Micron ink pen next to the raised lines. Before the ink dries, I wipe away some of the ink with a wet Q-Tip. Then, I use a small round brush that I've clipped almost to the base to add some burnt umber pastel chalk. I again go over it with a damp Q-Tip. It breaks up the monotone finish of the paint and also helps dirty up the finish. I do all this after it has been flat coated.

:wave: Very nice base!!!! Post more details about it please. And I too agree, the RM tomcat isnt that bad at all. But damn you build FAST, 5 days!! Way to go!! And another thing, I really like that F11F you posted the other day, SWEEEET!!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

5 days? Naw, I cheated! :thumbsup: I've actually been working on it for about a month or so. I've got an F-14D for their display case that I was working on along side this one. I've got 4 more on the assembly line being built mass production style. To tell the truth, I'm beginning to get tired of Tomcats....am I allowed to say that? :lol:

I didn't scribe the panel lines on this one at all. I've found that I can get decent panel lines by running a Micron ink pen next to the raised lines.

Great idea and tip Darren! :rofl:

I will try that when I get my Monogram A-10 started. I was dreading trying to scribe all that detail...

Cheers

Jason