Finished Allegheny DC-9-30

Here is my 144 Airfix DC-9-30 showing the classic Allegheny scheme. Decals are from FlightPath FP44-307. I made my own sideways red and blue "A" for the tail and forward section. The doors are from the decal sheet provided with the model (KLM). All in all a fun build and another part of the history is done.

Enjoy,

Brian

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the fleet so far. I think I will get away from the "T" tails for a bit and do an Airbus A320 in USAirways colors next.

I think I'm going to open the windows on the port side and then cover them with a clear decal. I've noticed that the emergency door decals have acheived this effect. Can't hurt to try. Will post the results when finished.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year so far.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks,

Once I get started on a project (this history thing) I can't seem to stop until I get it finished. It's working out to about one a month. I work a third shift job and have Mon and Tues nights off so I have a lot of very quiet time around the house to work on them. I just counted the completed models on my display shelves in the master bedroom and I have 27 aircraft, 15 ships, 13 SciFi, and 8 cars. The oldest is a C-119 from Aurora that I built back in the early 60's and it looks it. I still have the instruction sheet for it in my files. I have about 25 models in my stash and I just ordered a Bae 146/Avro RJ 45 for the history. The TNT version I got doesn't have enough windows for the PSA dipiction.

I'm not affiliated with them but here is a link to Commander/Iron Shipwright and the page that has a ship model that I built and let them use the photos to show what the model looks like built. IronShipwright

Well back to the A320, lets see what I can do to churn this one out.

Regards all,

Brian

PS sorry the pics were so big! I'll make them a tad bit smaller in the future so they fit without scrolling!!!