The rear fuselage exhauts had a moulded resin lip to represent the exhaust trunking. This detail was crushed as I sanded the part as the exhausts are just at the location you need hold the part to sand it.

I sliced off the remaining detail, drilled out the resin and inserted plastic drinking straw offcuts to represent the exhausts - this also had the advantage of giving depth to the exhausts (which are otherwised moulded solid).

The main fuselage parts glued together with cyano using plastic card offcuts to fill the gaps between the parts and various grades of wet-n-dry paper. I would have primed it but the "paint booth" is on a 6th floor balcony facing the English Channel (very well ventilated!!) but it is a tad windy at present and so this will have to wait until tomorrow.

The kit has great detail, inlcuding a full interior, plus Sea Skua Missiles , AS-12 Missiles, Mk 46 and Stingray torpedoes. You can model all Lynx variants, including the HMA Mk8, with its Sea Owl nose equipment - which I have heard said "gives the aircraft character" but personally I think it makes it "just plain ugly". Thus I am building an HAS Mk 3.

:D

Darius

Good luck with the build, I've often thought about getting this kit but have been put off by the expense I will follow your build with interest, please post in progress pics as you proceed.

I'm with Ant.

Looks to have a good shape to the nose and lots of bumps on the engine cowlings. I agree about the Mk8 nose, bit of a mess, but I do like the Brazilian nose with the faired top section and the radome underneath.

Keep the updates coming.

B)

GM