Kamov Ka-27 Helix ASW

Hi all :wave:

Well I have finally got the decals on and with the aid of Microscale decal film they performed flawlessly, only needing a little bit of help with Aeromaster Sol II to help them bed down over moulded detail.

Time now for a wash to dirty up the airframe a little bit and then all should rapidly fall together from this point.

Good kit to build but had to be treated like a limited run kit, with all parts needing cleaning and trimming to make fitting easier.

This Ka-27 is the anti-submarine version and is fitted out differently to the PS version presented on the main page today.

I am a little uncertain still to the darkness of the rotor hub, instructions call for gunmetal and pics show a drak colour but perhaps it is too dark?

Anyway, here it is warts and all, pics taken just proir to a wash which goes on tonight!

kamov-01a.jpg

kamov-02.jpg

kamov-rotorhead.jpg

Hope you like it :)

cheers

MikeJ

hey mike!!!!!

sweeeeet!!!, love ruskie helos!!!!!!!

:wave: .............infact........it almost looks pretty when its that clean!!!!! :)

look foward to seeign more pics, esp the interior!!!!!

ncie to see a different and unusall subject too!!!!! :D

regards

Raymond :)

Well as expected the wash really broke up the uniform look of the grey overall finish and looks very nice indeed.

I used a sludge wash of Aeromaster Dark Sea Grey to do the wash with as anything darker like black would have been far too harsh. I cannot understand why black is used to wash BMF or grey finished A/C :cheers:

I will get a pic up shortly.

:cheers:

MikeJ