Pierre's Phantom F-4E Peace Icarus

I just keep looking at my own pitiful efforts and then at Pierre's latest and, well, you all probably think the same things I do.

I really should learn not to read threads that have anything to do with you Pierre, you're ruining my satisfaction with my models! :)

Really though, although I don't model in 1:32, or Jet models, you're a true inspiration to the hobby and I'm glad you're there showing the way things can be done if we have the imagination and skill to reach out and try.

The only time I have EVER seen detail like this is in competition class RC scale aircraft which are 1:5 or 1:4 scale!

:worship:

Feb 2, 2005

No update today... I've been flying 2 hours today, over the snowy Switzerland, solo. It was gorgeous :worship: Landscape is so different when covered with snow, I hardly recognized any landmark. So I flew IFR (I Follow the Road) to fly back home :thumbs up:

Nonight I must prepare a small NAV flight plan for tomorrow, so I need to rehearse and plan.

Cheers,

Pierre

Feb 03, 2005

Yahoooo, I had a wonderful cross-country flight today. My eyes are still full of snow landscapes: hills, villages and Alps :cheers:

Back to business: there will not be a big step in modelling tonight, but for the pleasure of YOUR eyes I cut the replacement seats (True Details) and shot a couple of photos.

Enjoy!

Pierre

Cutting the seat off its resin base. I fired up a vacuum cleaner and wore my mask. Better safe than sorry.

DSCN9236_modifi__.JPG

General view of both offices, with the seats installed.

DSCN9237_modifi__.JPG

Closer photo...

DSCN9240_modifi__.JPG

Thank you all folks for the kind words :wave: I really appreciate. Now has come the time for a break: I will go for a 2-weeks snowboarding holiday in the Swiss Alps :woot.gif:

Back 2-3 times a week for flying, but no modelling though.

I will board, read, relax, and maybe write an article or two about the A380 and current Phantom project. I I have time, I'll check in at a local Cybercafé to read ARC.

See'ya gentsthe%20wave.GIF

Pierre