Pierre's Phantom F-4E Peace Icarus

SPP, what do you use to secure the fibre optics in position? Glue, resin? You may have answered this already and I've missed it but just curious as I've used optics myself a couple of times and found certain glues destroyed the fibres.

Awesome work by the way.

:D

SPP, what do you use to secure the fibre optics in position? Glue, resin? You may have answered this already and I've missed it but just curious as I've used optics myself a couple of times and found certain glues destroyed the fibres.

Awesome work by the way.

:cheers:

I use 2-component epoxy glue (Araldit, the clear 5-minutes one). Never use CA, it will make your FO break right away :cheers:

Pierre

Well, Pierre, no kind of word might even be enough to describe this... Luckily we have photo evidence, or we'd consider you crazy (well, maybe you are anyway, but in a very creative fashion!!!).

Waiting for further progress, I take off my hat in front of your master work.

Massimo

March 2, 2005

Today was a soldering day.

I worked on the second bord computer. First I punched out a 3mm hole from the backside, where the LED would fit. Then I soldered the edges and polished the assembly.

Then I assembled the LED, with its resistor and heat shrink isolation. The dry fit shows that everything works fine :angry:

Cheers for now,

Pierre

DSCN9249_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9250_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9253_modifi__.JPG

March 2, 2005 cont.

Three more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN9254_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9256_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9257_modifi__.JPG

That's it for today. Now I need to print the computer's LCD. Next will come the painting, and final assembly. But that won't be before Friday.

Stay tuned :angry:

Pierre

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

Hey Pierre,

Fantastic Rhino! It's one of my favorites - but I'm a little biased towards the USMC birds. How do you get the great resolution on your instrument panels. I'm starting a similar phase with my OV-10 project and I don't seem to get the same results. Can you tell me what equipment you are using?

BTW your projects, especially your F-4S were some of the inspiration for my projects. Thanks for sharing your work.

Erin "Timmy!" Kewin

OMG...I cannot believe the realism you have managed on this project.

I am stunned...and humbled.

I can't wait for the next installation.

Hope my SU-22M4 works out 1000th as well.

M

:cheers::touche:

OHHH OHH OHHH....

Forgot to ask, Pierre, what Auto Cad software and what printer do you use??

Trying to replicate a decent self made instrument panel on the Sukhoi 22.

Thanks in advance.

M :touche:

OHHH OHH OHHH....

Forgot to ask, Pierre, what Auto Cad software and what printer do you use??

Trying to replicate a decent self made instrument panel on the Sukhoi 22.

Thanks in advance.

M :touche:

Software is Autocad LT 2004, printer is Epson 890, paper is Epson photo cardstock. Good luck with your Su 22 cockpit. Don't forget to post progress reports :cheers:

Pierre

... How do you get the great resolution on your instrument panels. I'm starting a similar phase with my OV-10 project and I don't seem to get the same results. Can you tell me what equipment you are using?

Timmy,

You might find all the information you need by looking at my previous posts on the HAF Phantom. Do a search for "Pierre's Phantom" and you'll get many posts. Only lately I decided to run my story in a single post.

For the software and other material, see my reply above. If there is anything else you need, please fell free to ask.

BTW: your Bronco inspires ME :touche:

Pierre

Thanks for the info pierre, Just looked at you album, and words fail me at the incredible talent you have.

This sounds like a little bit of a homage sesson, but I am amazed!!!!

M

March 06, 2005

Yesterday I painted the instrument panel and computer box. The paint bonds very weakly with the PE brass, so in manipulating the parts I wore paint off from the edges. Which makes a nice weathering BTW :)

Today the computer received its LCD (blue), and front panel from cardstock. The panel will get a couple of styrene boutons to make its apparence look less flat.

Cheers for now,

Pierre

DSCN9258_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9260_modifi__.JPG

March 8, 2005

Some of the FOs sticking out from behind the instrument panel need to make a sharp U-turn towards the back of the cockpit. Since 2mm FOs don't bend easily, I was afraid of breaking up eveything if I tried to force them into a 180°.

So I came up with the idea to replace a 2mm FO with a strand of 10 thin FOs, which will stay very flexible.

On the picture you can see how I secure both FO strands with 2-component Araldit epoxy (5 minutes curing).

I thought you would appreciate to see my workbench "in the works". Crowded with items, but I know perfectly where everything is :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Pierre

DSCN9274_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9272_modifi__.JPG

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
YOU ARE AWEOME :cheers::woo: :(
". Crowded with items, but I know perfectly where everything is

TRUST ME

youre desk is clean compred to us :(

:worship: My desk is more messy than that with NO models in progress right now ... !!! :worship:

Gregg