Pierre's Phantom F-4E Peace Icarus

To paraphrase Wayne's World " I AM NOT WORTHY...I AM NOT WORTHY..."

:cheers: :) :crying::worship: :worship: :worship:

Yes, the others are right, Pierre, you are in a class by yourself...when it comes to doing these. You, sir, are a MASTER CRAFTSMAN, an ADEPT in scale model-building, an ARTISAN of EPIC SKILL.

Now somebody shut me up before I drool all over the keyboard at the quality of his self-made PE stuff and CUSTOM made metal parts. CRIKEY!!!

Words fail me. I hope you continue with this thread, Pierre. It is absoutely phascinating :) watching your masterpieces progress. You are a master in every sense of the word. You must publish your work!

:cheers:

J.C.

Jan 15, 2005

Let the light be :cheers:

Last picture for today: I assembled the front c/p instrument panel. The instruments come from a printed copy of my AutoCAD design. I applied several coats of Future to simulate the glasses, and sandwitched ithe cardstock between the brass panel and a piece of styrene, which is holding the fibre optices.

Apparently it works :worship:

BEER TIME!!

Pierre

DSCN9095_modifi__.JPG

...Is the cockpit going to get the majority of the attention in this build or is the entire plane going to get this kind of detail?

I will focus on the cockpit only, and maybe other visible parts like the exhaust nozzles and flaps. The aircraft will be rolling out at the end of the rwy, exiting to a taxiway, with both canopies open, and (if I can create it) an open drag chute.

So no open panels, no further detailing of the landing gear wells - which BTW are crap in the Revell kit.

And the VOR is working of course (if you tune it correctly...).

:D

Pierre

Pierre,

Yes the wheel wells are a little "lacking" aren't they? I'm still playing along with mine for a "fix" (RF-4C same kit basically). I have some Tamy spares..thinking about playing around with them...If I can get parts to cast from them..I may go that way with it.

Cheers,

Jarrod Cunningham

Austin, Texas

:D

Sorry Pierre, but wasn´t your original plan for this build to represent the a/c as just lift off the runway?

Anyway: the drag chute would be awsome!!!! Have you any idea of how to do it?

/Kristian

Sorry Pierre, but wasn´t your original plan for this build to represent the a/c as just lift off the runway?

Anyway: the drag chute would be awsome!!!! Have you any idea of how to do it?

Right, this was the original plan. But the cockpits would have to be closed, which is a pitty :thumbsup: So I changed my minds...

I have currently no idea on how to build the chute. Maybe white-glue soaked tissue on a plaster positive?

Jan 16, 2005

I noticed that I couldn't use the cardstock instrument bezels. It is very difficult to cut them precisely, even more difficult to punch out the hole exactly centered, and impossible cut out complicated shapes like the directional gyro.

So I did a quick etch to produce all bezels in brass. Note how tiny pieces you can get with this technique (after many try and errors of course...)

:thumbsup:

Pierre

DSCN9096_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9098_modifi__.JPG